“Great”

Amethyst Inn & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 3 Adamstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. Good location right in town and made it easy to get around. Staff was great and the food was wonderful. I am a quilter and they suggested a couple fabric store that were wonderful. The house does show it's age a little but it makes it more unique. The good box when we left was a nice added touch. If ever in the area again we will be staying a the Amethyst Inn

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
AdamstownInns, Director of Sales at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience! We do our best to provide the most comfortable accommodations while offering convenience and just a little bit extra. We're glad you enjoyed the fabric store recommendations we provided. Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Amethyst Inn & Cottages

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband surprised me for a special birthday celebration for the weekend. The Inn is warm and welcoming as are the hosts. Extremely clean and excellent, excellent breakfasts. Great location for antiquing and visiting beautiful vineyards. Would highly recommend and would hope to go again

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and each very different. We stayed in the Cobalt Room primarily because it had...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamstownInns, Director of Sales at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you Susan for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your notations regarding the care we take for each guest experience. We do work hard toward making our accommodations a fabulous treat. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Amethyst on his birthday and Mothers Day. Our first stay at a B&B and we both loved it. The room was beautiful and the staff amazing. You are pampered from the minute you walk through the door. Not only do you get a welcoming packet when you arrive but you also receive a goody package when you depart. Very relaxing and affordable. Coffee and breakfast awesome. And these girls really know the area. They gave us great tips on places to visit. Although you don't want to leave the Inn. They make you feel like family. Loved everything about this place. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Angie for sharing your thoughts of your stay with us and the ultimate compliment for anyone in hospitality. We enjoyed making your special occasion memorable. We look forward to you both visiting again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the garnet room on the second floor. The room was large, clean with all the basics. It had a nice porch and a 2 person jacuzzi bath and steam shower. We liked the room very much. The food was ok but not great, at least compared to other B & Bs we've stayed at. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars if I had the option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamstownInns, Owner at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am really sorry to hear that our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We strive to make our guests feel at home and enjoy everything we have to offer. We hope that you would give us the opportunity to “wow” you in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here in September of 2012 for our honeymoon, and it was so memorable an experience that, even though it's been a while, I felt compelled to give a review. We stayed in the Ruby Suite, which was as luxurious as it was comfortable. The bed was perfect, the jacuzzi in the bed room was an awesome touch, the T.V. room was old fashioned and inviting, and the two bathrooms and steam shower were the height of luxury.

Every thing about the staff and service was so accommodating and professional, while at the same time relaxed and welcoming. My wife and I arrived later than planned, well past our check in time, and upon calling the staff to notify them of this, the door to our suite was left open so we could let ourselves in when we arrived. Kristin is an amazing hostess and innkeeper; she and all the staff here truly made our stay. The food Kristin prepares and serves is top-notch; her breakfasts are not to be missed! The instrumental guitar music playing during one of her gourmet breakfasts was so perfect, and upon learning that I played guitar and loved the music, Kristin gave me a free CD of the artist's music that was playing, Vin Downes. My wife and I listened to the CD our entire honeymoon, and that music will always have a special place in our hearts as it brings back memories of our honeymoon, the wonderful Adamstown Inn, and the pleasant atmosphere of Lancaster. As another testimony to the unprecedented hospitality of Kristin and staff, one morning my wife wasn't feeling well, and so unfortunately was unable to leave bed for breakfast. Upon learning of this, Kristin prepared a tray of the items I thought my wife would like from the morning's breakfast, and I was able to take it into the room so she could enjoy the meal when she was feeling better. Truly unbelievable service, hospitality, and genuine concern for the well-being and comfort of their guests! I can't say enough about Kristin and all the wonderful staff at Adamstown Inn. With the wonderful people, and clean, comfortable rooms, The Adamstown Inn truly is the perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ruby Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Sean for your very kind review. Returning guests are the ultimate compliment to our B&B. We find many of our guests have selected their stays on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the time you have taken out of your schedule to share your experiences. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband booked our room for our anniversary getaway and we loved every moment of our stay. Our room was clean and the bed was so comfortable - like sleeping on a cloud! The steam shower and the fire places were a nice added touch. And we loved the Jacuzzi in our room!

Breakfast was amazing and very filling. We really enjoyed the baked oatmeal, sausage and cheddar balls, and the chicken sausage.

The staff was very friendly and thoughtful. They sent us home with a box of local goodies!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had a private entrance on the side of the house.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Adamstown Inn for your anniversary stay. It was an absolute pleasure to share such a special time with you. We look forward to celebrating many happy anniversaries with you in the years to come. Best wishes!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this weekend in the Ruby Room for my husband and I, as a romantic, peaceful getaway. Everything about our stay was wonderful. My husband enjoyed the coffee station and really loved the steam shower. Our room was beautiful, decor was just awesome. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home, along with the bedding! We enjoyed a peaceful evening together on one night, just staying in watching movies and eating takeout, after being out late to a function the night before. We slept too late both mornings to enjoy the breakfast, but appreciated the chance to do so. We will definitely be back again soon, and I would recommend this inn to anyone wanting a relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Ruby Room is large, with 2 bathrooms, a little bit of noise in the morning from breakfast diners.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for enjoying a peaceful getaway at Amethyst Inn and sharing your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamstown
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
The Inn at Leola Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Living Spring Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Amethyst Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!