“Ghost town without the ambience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoudtburg Village

Stoudtburg Village
Ranked #5 of 10 things to do in Adamstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Stoudtburg Village is primarily a residential hamlet that is reminiscent of a village in Germany. We have a few individually owned specialty shops, and a café that serves food and alcohol. The Village is always open for strolling our walkways and admiring the unique architecture and lovely gardens. You can also sit and relax in the plaza while listening to the sounds of the water splashing in the fountain. At the top of the fountain sits a cherub, affectionately known to villagers as "Peaches." We will let you figure out why :). Picture taking is a common occurrence in Stoudtburg Village. We often have wedding parties taking advantage of this beautiful location for pictures of their special day. So come and enjoy this unusual setting...take a stroll, sit and chat awhile, stay as long as you like!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ghost town without the ambience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

There on a Saturday around lunch time, and 3 stores were open. They weren't near each other, so we had to walk through the empty streets to see if we could find anything going on. There was a fabulous cupcake store there, but I didn't drive to a recreated German village for a fancy cupcake. I've been here a few times, for various reasons, and even when they are doing special events, it's like a ghost town.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank PAtraveler501

Macungie, Pennsylvania
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Not worth it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Yes it looks like a German village. But thats about it as they try and get people to buy homes there. But have made no effort to get stores anyone wants to visit. There is a large antique market out front but they are a dime a dozen in this area. The whole place takes about 15 minutes to walk through.

3 Thank Grayhare
Park Ridge, New Jersey
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Disappointing ghost-town”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had picked up a brochure about Stoudburg Village on a previous trip through the area. The village was depicted as a quaint replica of a German town-center, and looked nice on paper. When I went to their web-site to plan our most recent weekend trip, I read that they have a Christkindlemarket on the property during the first 3 Sundays in December. I was even more excited. Imagine my disappointment when we arrived today and found very few shops/galleries open and no evidence of a Christmas market. People come to the area for antiques, but they'll have to make changes here to make Stoudtburg Village a destination worth visiting.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Larry46713
Exton, Pennsylvania
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“What A Cute Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a cute place to visit! This reminds me of a little German village because of all the charming colorful buildings and how they are placed. It takes about 10 minutes to walk through the village without stopping at any of the shops. The one shop I visited was the cupcake shop. Since it was very small there were about 4 or 5 cupcakes to choose from. The owner was very nice and we talked for a bit.

Outside in the middle of the village is a water fountain with tables and chairs surrounding. It would be a lovely place to visit in the warmer months. You can walk across the street to a farmer's market as well. I brought my dog on the trip and we both really enjoyed it. Since I went when it was cold there were only about 3 families that I saw walking around so it was a very quiet place.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Loves2Travel4Life
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely the most quaint village - Ever - Worth Visting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stoudtburg Village is absolutely the most quaint and unusual small village. Apparently, others think so because on just the five times in the past two years that I have visited the village, each time there were photographers using the village as a setting for a prom, weddings and other photo shoots. The houses are adorable as are the winding narrow little pedestrian streets dotted with unusual shops and cute little court yard style gardens. The pedestrian walkways are cobblestones and an antique-looking fountain sits in the plaza. While there are only about 12 or 14 shops in the village, there are many other things in the area all within a mile of the village. There are lots and lots of antique shops on Route 272 very close to Stoudtburg Village, spediality markets, a micro brewery, and nice restaurants. The village has a bed and breakfast. I made special trips to attend the arts and craft festivals in 2012 and 2013 - over a hundred juried arts and crafters for two days and there is no charge for parking or an entrance fee. There is a Christmas holiday event each year that is wonderful. You feel as if you are in a quaint, old Bavarian village. Go to this event in the evening - the golden glow of the lights outside each house makes this a destination in itself just to feel the atmosphere and soak in the charm. I have been told that the village is still growing and when finished could end of being twice as large as it is now. There is so much to do in the general area that it is a place you should not missing visiting. I am looking forward to a return trip in December for the holiday events.

The only negative thing I experienced in the village is the candy shop. If you have a sweet tooth, then bring your own candy to munch on.. I bought a pound of assorted chocolates and other type candies. I purchased the box of chocolates as a gift for the person watching my pets while I was on a weekend get-a-way to Lancaster/Adamstown and surrounding areas. Glad I was tempted to sneak a piece of the chocolates before giving to my friend as a thank you gift. The candy was so stale that I threw the box of it away. Not only was that an upset, but the candy was a bit high in price and was a well known brand of candy. I wonder if the candy supplier knows the shop sells the candy when it is not fresh. I would really have been embarrassed had I given it to my friend as intended. And, the shopkeeper was not the friendliest person. She seemed like tending the shop was a chore. She was abrupt and not a plus for that shop. Do not know if she was the owner or an employee.

Visited October 2013