“It all evened out”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Adamstown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dave's Diner serves up the good ole' American classics. We are a local spot that serves up great food and great service. We have a fantastic breakfast special and lots of great tasting items on our menu that will satisfy any palate. Stop in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and have yourself a delicious home cooked meal.
new jersey
“It all evened out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Lunch there today. Waitress seemed unfriendly and rushed, even though place was practically empty. Waitresses at other tables were friendly, however. This place is small and sound is amplified. Waitresses conversed with each other and familiar guests at almost shouting level, which was unpleasant. My lunch was not good- tiniest, flattest burger I've ever seen on a bun with lukewarm cheese and only a pickle spear for garnish. Even just a lettuce leaf would make the plate more appealing. Husband liked his turkey special, though- turkey was freshly cooked and tasty, although plate was swimming with water/juice that he had to pour off onto his salad bowl. When we gave the waitress a credit card for payment, we were told "No credit cards" even though there was no notice of this at the entrance. Fortunately, we had enough cash and didn't have to pay $2-3 dollars for a withdrawal at the ATM. All in all, not a great experience even though nothing went horribly wrong.

• Visited April 2013

“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Cool place, atmosphere and excellent homemade food.
Try their soup and sandwich.
Best diner choice if you are antique shopping in Adamstown,pa

3 Thank FromPAtoGA
Stevens, Pennsylvania
“Yummy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I got the "Daves Favorite" omelette, which is basically a western-but with green AND red peppers. Everything tasted really good. Some negatives were the fact that the home fries were not included in the price, so I ended up spending over $10 fro both. Which in this area is expensive for breakfast. Also, they do not accept credit/debit card. They do offer an ATM onsite, but then you have to spend even more ($2.00 I believe) just to get money out.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank gingerbabyc
Montclair, VA
“Everything but the Squeal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We'll often stop by Dave's for breakfast before heading out to Shupp's Grove or for lunch on the way back to town. The place is small, but we've always gotten a booth or counter space right away. This is really good, inexpensive diner food, especially the breakfasts. If you've never had scrapple, this is the place to try it; "everything but the squeal." Sometimes the home fries or hashbrowns aren't quite well done enough for me, so I ask them to make them a little crispy when I place my order. The burgers at lunch are great too.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank readem
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Cuisine in a Mom & Pop diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Everything I have ever tried is amazing & the service is top-notch. Their homemade mushroom soup will put you in orbit, the crabmeat covered hamburger is insane, and the chicken breast sandwich with mushrooms will bring tears to your eyes. Thank God I don't live closer; I would be the size of a sofa!

Visited January 2012