“Clean and comfortable stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn Akron

Rodeway Inn Akron
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Akron
pittsburgh
“Clean and comfortable stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I stopped here to stay overnight before a trip to Atlantic City. Our check in was a breeze, room was clean, and bed was comfortable. Very reasonable rates for a stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PittsburghIslandgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is a nice little Hotel. Except for the Rodeway Sign at first when you drive up you would think it is a house. Because there is a house in the front/center of the Layout.
The outside of the property is very clean and well maintained. Clean parking lot and trimmed grass. Very Pleasant person at front desk. Has a small fridge and Microwave in the unit. NO Hair Dryer.This is a nice Clean unit. You can tell that this manager/family cares about their unit and do what they can with this little place. We stayed here on Business, just passing thru this town. it is so nice and quiet here , We almost overslept. We would stay here again.
There is no Breakfast, Just Coffee. But it is next to a little store that has gas Donuts and Coffee for the morning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Clarion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Definitely "no frills". The rooms have a small fridge and microwave. The beds aren't the most comfortable, but it's not the Ritz-Carlton. I stay here one night on a weekly basis and have had no major issues. I've never asked for anything once checked in, but I'm sure the inn keeper would try to accommodate. I skip the continental breakfast, so I have no comment. It's next to a convenience store which is nice. All in all it's a decent, affordable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Bellefonte, PA
Reviewed 21 November 2010

No, it's not fancy. But it's comfortable and clean. From the outside I described it as quaint. There are two buildings and it appears each building has maybe 10 rooms. They all have doors which open directly to the walkway around the parking lot. The parking lot is well-lit and vehicles are easily seen simply by looking out the window. The man staggering through the parking lot toward my car as I exited the office from checking in was easily redirected by me remotely activating my horn. The only problems we had with the room(s) was that in the first room the heater didn't work. That was remedied with a quick call to the front desk and a quick move to the room next door. However, by the second night, that heater was also on the fritz and we turned it off in the middle of the night because we could hear what sounded like electrical arcing each time it would run. As long as the heater problems get resolved, I would recommend the Rodeway in Akron. The gentleman at the desk was very kind and helpful. One other small thing was the lack of hair conditioner, even upon asking at the desk. It's usually provided and we usually carry our own, but this time we struck out. No big deal. The continental breakfast is served in the office but you have to take it back to your room to eat. It consisted of coffee, orange juice, choice of two cereals and a selection of donuts. All in all, the Rodeway provided basic accommodations. That's all we needed and we were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2009

This motel was actually very nice. It was very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful They even had wifi so I could access internet. The beds were comfortable. This was a great value and find.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I was looking for the closet motel to Green Dragon and found this dump!!!
When I walked into the room, I should have turned around and walked out and got my $$$ back!
It smelled like an old wooden boat..musty and mildewy! The room was small and the bathroom...was like a dressing room in a department store!
This place make Bates Motel look like the Hyatt!
I am not a fancy motel guest, Days Inn, Comfort Inn, are all ok for me, but this place..it is hard to describe except for old, stinky, small and dumpy, the only thing good was the location.
Enter at your own risk!!!!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Akron hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Red Roof Inn Denver
#3 of 6 in Denver
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites

Been to Rodeway Inn Akron? Share your experiences!