“My son loved the deer each day!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Front of House Front of house
Front of House
Front of house
Front Yard
Back yard
Basement: Foosball table, movie chair area, pool table and dry bar
Sitting area: reclining movie chairs
Dry Bar
Master bedroom with queen and twin bed and full bath with jacuzzi tub
Bedroom 1..Master with Queen and twin bed and full bath with jacuzzi tub
Foyer
Bathroom 1
Boating Area for NON power boats
Main Lake
Club Huse and playground at main lake
Activity Sign on main roads in the development
Development Road
Pool
Main Lake
Activity Sign for Seneca pool 1 of 2
Seneca pool 1 of 2
Entry into development ...check in gate
Roads in development
Boulder Lake Beach
Boulder Lake
Boulder Lake
River running out of twin lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Oreland, Pennsylvania
“horrible”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Went to this place with a group of friends from work for the weekend. When we arrived the house had not been cleaned. There were food remnants on the floor and also the kitchen table was still dirty. The front door would not close completely so we could lock it. While we slept you could hear what ever rodents were living in the attic running back & forth all night long. I thought they were going to be dropping on my head while I slept. There were no mats by the doors so when you came in from outside with snow on your feet the floors were very slippery and we had a few falls. As for shovels to remove the snow that fell when we there we had one shovel that was half broken and made it impossible to remove the snow. Over all place was small, outdated and not very nice. The development was nice and they made sure the roads were plowed and we were able to get out on our last day after a 12" snow fall.

Travelling group: Large Group
xtiina13
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“BEWARE”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

I wish I could give this place a good review but I just cant. I booked this place based off of the good reviews but after my stay, I have to wonder if the reviews are even real. First issue was the communication. I had to call Liz 5 times and send 3 emails and a text message before she ever responded to me. When she did respond her responses were very vague and not informative. 2 weeks before our stay and I haven't received any Confirmation email, or a check in email telling me where the key is, how we check in, if there are sheets or blankets ext.... Again I had to call her but she never answered but she texted me as soon as the call ended. I asked her about the check in email and then she sent it to me. The email was just as vague as she was, no help really... I texted Liz a list of my questions for her just to respond nasty to me. especially when I asked about the sheets. I thought that was a normal question to ask. you show beds in the pictures, will they come with sheets? Her reply was" if you purchased a sheets package you will have sheets" Ummm ok.. I Politely replied" I didn't get the option to check a sheets package, Can you confirm if there is going to be sheets?" She NEVER replied to me.. I had to pack a pillow, blanket, and sheets because I had no idea what was going to be there... When we arrived, The house looked very run down. The screen door wouldn't close, the front door took 20 tries to get the key to turn, everything in the house was in pretty bad shape. Everything served its purpose but for the price we paid to stay there I would expect better quality. The Sofas were very Old, smelly, and not clean. The thermostat was duck tapped to the wall, the curtains constantly fell off because the hole was stripped and the screw kept coming out.The bathroom wasn't even clean, I wished I brought shower shoes.. Okay now I am far from a Diva, I don't need glamorous things But I do need clean. The worst part about this place was at night. IDK what is living in the attic but there is a whole family of something living in it. All night you heard critters running around. And who ever woke up first and went to the bathroom, when they turned the vent on all the critters started running around more. it was HORRIBLE... Nothing about this stay was even enjoyable. I would never go back. This place is WAYYY over priced too. for all that money we could have stayed somewhere much nicer..

Oh and Liz charges $25pp over 8 people, that is something she does personally and we had to send the money to her personal pay pal account. Which I though was shady but we did it. Originally we had 9 people going and about 5 days before our trip 2 of our guests knew they would not be able to make it. Liz REFUSED to 1.refund us the extra $25 we paid and 2. let us make any changes to the list of names we had to provide to her with. So we lost $25 and couldn't even bring anyone else who wasn't the original name we gave her in place of our guest who couldn't make it. I thought that was so ridiculous.

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
21 Apr 2016
I'm sorry that your were so upset with your stay. When you made your reservation in Oct you had until the end of Dec ember to cancel without any charges. Your payment of 59.25 pp for a weekend at the cabin was charged to the first 8 guest and as a service for you i allowed you to add guest to your list for $25pp for the weekend. You wrote me twice concerning your extra friends arriving for free and I explained to you more than once that in order for them to come to the cabin there would be an extra charge. I understand you wished you could just have more friends for free. The property is in a gated community and you were aware that the list needed to be finalized and no changes could be made. I'm sorry that the fee for your extra friends whom at the end decided not to come upset you so much to write such a bad review.
Tony S
York, Pennsylvania
“Would Not Stay There Again”
Reviewed 14 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

On one good note, the bathrooms were the only thing clean!
Upon arrival and entering the cabin you can see it needs some updating but was expected with an older home and that's ok. But lets talk about clean which you are charged 110.00 cleaning fee and a 50.00 dollar sheet fee! I should be paid that money since we had to wash our sheets and comforter from all the dog hair upon arrival! Then the disgusting microwave which we had to clean to even use and the stove we had to use paper towels to use the knobs from all the grease on them. The place mats were just plain gross, instead of them washing them they just flipped them over, they need to be thrown out! The couches in the living room had nasty stains on them as well. Even the bar in the basement had sticky stuff on it. I'd like to know what they clean since they want to charge those fees.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: clean bathrooms
Liked least: everything else
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Michele M
Levittown, New York
“My son loved the deer each day!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Howard red cabin was a nice stay. Elizabeth was quick to answer on any problems we encountered. The deer come into the backyard each day and my 9 year old was thrilled with that, they came really close to eating from his hand.
The beds could be a little better and we had some TV issues that Elizabeth helped us fix. The place was clean an nicely kept. We loved playing pool in the evening or settling down with a movie in the basement. A gra=eat deal for what we spent and a perfect little getaway. We would definately visit again

Liked best: playroom
Liked least: could use better mattresses
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
Toni903
Staten Island, New York
“Totally worth it for the Price and ......”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I will start by saying that I have rented many many homes. This home was rented by mistake, tried to cancel, but was unable to, long story. Anyway we went and I must tell you this property has an amazing wooded backyard with tons of friendly deer. I mean tons and that was a once in a lifetime experience for me. I have seen deer, even in my backyard, but this was simply amazing, talking packs of them and we even fed the little Bambi's by hand as well as the deer.
The home is cozy, very comfortable couches both upstairs and downstairs, bathrooms clean, home inside was clean also. Home needs some TLC outside patio bricks and some outside cleaning, new pool table, washer. But all in all I must say I would recommend this home for the price is more than fair. I would return and just might, so that I can visit the deer we named lol.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The woods and deer in the back of the home.
Liked least: the basement
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with pets
tova20151...
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 July 2015 for a stay in August 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Howard Red cabin. We stayed here for three nights with our 6 children ranging from age 8 to older teens. The accommodations were more than adequate. The kids especially loved the foosball table! There was plenty to do in the area and there are so many amenities on site that we didn't even have time to enjoy all of them. Elizabeth was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions, and was easily reachable by email, text, or phone. Would definitely come back for another visit!

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Terrie H
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Warmer weather would have made this rental Excellent!”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The Cabin is very nice, spacious and was clean on the inside. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment area downstairs and her own space. My Mother was captured by the many friendly deer that came to visit us morning, noon and evening. The cabin has a nice front porch to relax on but I personally found the back patio area very relaxing and nice to build a fire in the evening. Unfortunately the weather provided cold temperatures and torrential downpours three of the four days we were booked. On the one nice day we had the pools were closed in the community. Not sure why? We were able to drive around the area and see many communities and beautiful lakes. I had hoped to do some fishing but the weather did not cooperate. If you plan to do outside activities especially if you have children, be sure to check the weather forecast or plan to go later in July/August. Overall, I wanted to a getaway from the city and people and was very pleased to have the downtime. The beds need thicker mattresses! I enjoyed the area, it is truly beautiful!

Major point for directions: MapQuest has Penn Forest as the entrance but this is blocked off maybe only used for emergency evacuation purposes.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The back patio area and firepit
Liked least: The beds
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing