“Stayed one night while visiting Dorney Park”

Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Stayed one night while visiting Dorney Park”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

For the price, this fit into our budget quite nicely. This convenient location was only 6.5 miles away from Dorney Park, around 12-15 minutes drive time. Comfortable stay with double beds, microwave, mini fridge, and friendly staff. Rooms could use an update, but over all was a good stay for our family. Breakfast area serves as a bar in the evening. We did not take advantage of this, but did enjoy a nice hot breakfast the next morning. Hotel was quiet and clean. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean comfortable stay while in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your feedback. I would have to agree that we are a great value and location, especially when visiting the amusement park. We try to create a positive experience for all of our guests and we are happy to hear that we met your expectation. Please note that we will begin renovating the property in just a few short weeks and I am confident that you will be pleased with the results.

We hope to see you for a return visit in the near future. We appreciate that you took the time out of your busy day to post positive feedback and I will be certain to share with the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Union Hall, VA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 20 years, and have never had a bad experience. To be sure, it is showing its age and could stand some significant work.
Nevertheless, it is located in a quiet section of West Allentown (an office park) and is close to at least one good restaurant (Hops Fogelsville Hotel). We stayed here in July and had a room on the 5th floor. The front desk clerk was very welcoming. They have recently upgraded their bedding with a variety of pillows which is a nice feature. The room was of medium size but was very clean. The bathroom was rather beat up with several cracked floor tiles but was otherwise serviceable. Compared to Hilton Hotels which we usually choose the breakfast offerings were rather meager but we are not big breakfast people so this was not an issue. For the price compared to more upscale hotels we still like this property in the Allentown area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is valued and your comments will be shared with the staff to better improve the satisfaction of all our guests. You will be pleased to know that we will in fact begin renovating our hotel very shortly. We will begin by replacing all carpeting and our bathrooms will immediately follow with a full makeover. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you following our improvements. Your business is valued and we appreciate that you choose to stay with us. Thanks again!

HAMMOND
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here again after a 20 year absence to this property. We were able to stay here using Choice Privilege points for 3 nights. The location was great because we were going to a races at Big Diamond and Grandview as well as visiting my husband's mother - this place was convenient for all! Check in and out was smooth. As we made our way to our room I could help but notice how the hallway carpet was delaminated and there were ridges of 3-4 inches vertically - seems kind of dangerous for tripping and felt like a 'minefield'. Our room furnishings were nice but again the carpet was delaminated and the front cover of the a/c unit came off. The furniture and bedding may have been replaced, but the bathrooms need updating and the a/c units and tv's need to be replaced - this place still had a large tube tv on a dresser. The highlight of our stay was Nancy who worked in the breakfast area - she worked so hard replacing items and making sure people had what they wanted. Breakfast included regular and strawberry make your own waffles, bagels and toast, egg and sausage patties, yogurts, apples, oranges, bananas, oatmeal, orange or apple juice and coffee and milk. Plenty of choices to get your day started. Yocco's was just down the Rt. 100 so we ate our fill of cheesesteaks and pierogies! Don't miss Fogelsville Hotel along Tighlman Street in Fogelsville! After being married for over 30 years, I've stayed at many places in Allentown and when it is summer - we stay AWAY from Hamilton Street since we're not going to Dorney Park!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JANET K
Dear Valued Guests,

Let me begin by thanking you for your feedback and for returning after such a long time away. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass them along to our staff. As for renovations, I am very happy to inform all readers that they will begin within just a few short weeks. We will begin by replacing all carpeting throughout the entire property. Our bathrooms will immediately follow with a full makeover and many more additions such as the new flat panel televisions which have now been installed throughout the entire property. Once again, thank you for posting your review.
We look forward to your next visit, see you soon!
Panton, Vermont
Reviewed 17 June 2014

There was a big event going on in the area so the hotel was hopping. We arrived fairly late on a Saturday night and the lobby area was loud. I was a bit fearful about getting any sleep but the room and hallways were quiet. The room was spacious and clean. We had a fridge and microwave. There is a small restaurant/bar downstairs for late night snacks. Breakfast was included and there was a large selection of goodies, from make-your-own waffles to small omelets, sausage, yogurt, muffins, cereals, etc. The bathroom was clean and everything worked well. The front desk workers were friendly and efficient. Overall we had no complaints with this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are happy that we met your expectations and your family enjoyed the accommodations. We hope to see you soon!

Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight & found this hotel to be very clean, no unpleasant odors with a very reasonable rate. Room of 2 Queen beds was very spacious with multiple outlets, which facilitated the use of our CPAP machines. Very comfortable beds, and multiple pillows, of different firmness, large bathroom, and friendly staff. A standard hotel breakfast was offered, but we opted to go to Cracker Barrel across the highway for our breakfast. Will definitely look to stay here again whenever traveling on I-78.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for the positive feedback and for choosing our hotel when visiting the Allentown area. We hope to see you back in the near future.

North Brookfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here multiple times for business, and my coworkers pooh-poohed by choice of accommodations, as they would opt for the Holiday Inn across the interchange. I think they thought it was some sort of status statement.

This Comfort Inn has friendly staff at the front desk, in the breakfast nook in the morning, and even the cleaning ladies I interacted with were always understanding and helpful.

The beds are great - I recommend a king side room - and the pillows and bedding are fantastic.
Every room I stayed in had a microwave and small refrigerator, which was very convenient. I only used non-smoking rooms, and *only once* did I encounter a room where the previous guest chose to smoke in a nonsmoking room anyway. I could tell that the staff made an honest effort to clean the room of the smell. It annoyed me, but it was really my problem for not booking in advance, and ending up with the very last room in the hotel.

Bathrooms are clean and well supplied with towels. I recommend bringing at least your own conditioner, as they only provide shampoo.

Wireless access is free and a breeze to initiate. Only recently have I noticed hiccups in the quality of the signal, but if you encounter this, please give them the benefit of the doubt of knowing that their bandwidth is probably suffering from the number of people who choose to stream videos now, rather than watching the in-room TV with HBO. I'm sure this is a growing problem across the hospitality industry as a whole.

Breakfast is free. There are always sausage and eggs, and you can make your own waffle or choose from a selection of pastries or have a bagel or toast. There is a selection of cereal, coffee, fresh bananas, apples, and oranges.

I really recommend this hotel. I will stay here again when I have the need to return to the area.

Room Tip: One side faces I-78, so if you do not like truck traffic highway noise, request a room facing away f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Wow, that's some review!! I would like to tell the readers that I did not pay for this :-) Your kind words will be shared throughout the staff and I am sure that they all thank you and appreciate your sentiments. We are always happy when we have a return guests take the time to write a review and this one is sure to put a smile on the face of any line level employee and management alike.

Thank you very much and we hope to continue improving your stay with each return.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

After coming off a 10 hour drive, we hoped to come to a comfortable place to rest our heads but instead was kept waiting for a front desk person, was greeted by a staff person with an attitude and walked to a cigarette smoke scented hallway to our non-smoking musty room. This is a big disappointment after such a wonderful stay at the Comfort Inn on the River in Cherokee, NC. We had to downgrade in order to get a better room. Thank goodness!

• Stayed May 2014
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guests,

Let me start by thanking you for your feedback and apologizing for not meeting your expectations. The situation you mention is not common for our hotel, as you can see from previous site reviews. I will share your review with my staff but more importantly; I would be very interested in researching your feedback.

I hire for personality as we are in the customer service business and take any failures seriously. We only have one floor in the hotel designated as smoking and truly try our best to uphold our smoking policy within our designated non smoking rooms and all of our non-smoking corridors.

I ask that you contact me direct to further discuss your experience so that I may properly resolve your concerns.

Management