“Shady practices”

Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 4/26/2014. Initially my room was booked with points but I decided to save them and I paid cash for my room. The front desk said this was not a problem, changed it and took my money. My room was average but he carpet was dirty in several spots and there were hairs on my bathroom floor..Ewww. I called down to the desk and asked to switch to a different room but was told none were available. At check out they told me they had a printer issue and would be happy to email my receipt. Upon looking at my choice privileges account a few days later I saw that my points had been taken as well. A call to the hotel and then a call to customer support did not resolve the issue. Overall this hotel was disappointing and the front desk people need work! There are many other hotels in that area, go elsewhere and save yourself the trouble!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pookiegf
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here one night in June 14. We requested a high floor room and this was granted R502. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bath was filthy where bath panels connect with bath had years of filth/grime. The breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Our room was on top floor, a quiet area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Values Guests,

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly apologize that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I can assure you that we do not have years of grime in our bathrooms, however; I do understand that our cleanliness failed to meet your expectations and once again I apologize.

Please note for future travels, our guest bathrooms will be undergoing a full renovation. This renovation will begin in just a few short weeks and we hope that you will return to see the improvements.

We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel has a number of problems beyond showing its age. It caters to nomadic teams of construction workers who occupy the majority of the "smoking" second floor. These guys are a bit seedy to be around. They congregate outside in groups where they drink beer, smoke, and cook on portable grills. As they provide a lot of business to the hotel, they are catered to by management...but it makes the hotel feel like a truck stop. Other issues...we returned to our room one night to find that we were not given any towels. A call to the front desk did not work. Two hours later we had to go down to the front desk and were given attitude by the employee who told us it was not her job to get towels. Huh? Hallway rugs are stained. The Air Conditioning is all or nothing....when it comes on you freeze....then swelter when off. The location is good and there are plenty of restaurants around.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JoeF1234, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I find your review very concerning and would like to follow up below on a few concerns which you have posted.

Let me begin by stating that I find it appalling that any member of my team would offer such a poor attitude. I hire my staff based on personality and I am extremely disappointed to learn the perception that my team member has reflected upon all of us who try our best to provide quality services and experiences.

As for the construction crews, we do have a large group staying with us but have not heard of any issues regarding disrespect to other patrons. I do not favor any group as I expect all guests to follow common courtesies and will follow up with complaints regardless of the parties involved.

I asked that you allow me the opportunity to further discuss your review by contacting me direct at 610-391-0344 or by emailing me at comfortpa140@yahoo.com

Reviewed 23 July 2014

For the price, this fit into our budget quite nicely. This convenient location was only 6.5 miles away from Dorney Park, around 12-15 minutes drive time. Comfortable stay with double beds, microwave, mini fridge, and friendly staff. Rooms could use an update, but over all was a good stay for our family. Breakfast area serves as a bar in the evening. We did not take advantage of this, but did enjoy a nice hot breakfast the next morning. Hotel was quiet and clean. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean comfortable stay while in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your feedback. I would have to agree that we are a great value and location, especially when visiting the amusement park. We try to create a positive experience for all of our guests and we are happy to hear that we met your expectation. Please note that we will begin renovating the property in just a few short weeks and I am confident that you will be pleased with the results.

We hope to see you for a return visit in the near future. We appreciate that you took the time out of your busy day to post positive feedback and I will be certain to share with the team.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 20 years, and have never had a bad experience. To be sure, it is showing its age and could stand some significant work.
Nevertheless, it is located in a quiet section of West Allentown (an office park) and is close to at least one good restaurant (Hops Fogelsville Hotel). We stayed here in July and had a room on the 5th floor. The front desk clerk was very welcoming. They have recently upgraded their bedding with a variety of pillows which is a nice feature. The room was of medium size but was very clean. The bathroom was rather beat up with several cracked floor tiles but was otherwise serviceable. Compared to Hilton Hotels which we usually choose the breakfast offerings were rather meager but we are not big breakfast people so this was not an issue. For the price compared to more upscale hotels we still like this property in the Allentown area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is valued and your comments will be shared with the staff to better improve the satisfaction of all our guests. You will be pleased to know that we will in fact begin renovating our hotel very shortly. We will begin by replacing all carpeting and our bathrooms will immediately follow with a full makeover. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you following our improvements. Your business is valued and we appreciate that you choose to stay with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here again after a 20 year absence to this property. We were able to stay here using Choice Privilege points for 3 nights. The location was great because we were going to a races at Big Diamond and Grandview as well as visiting my husband's mother - this place was convenient for all! Check in and out was smooth. As we made our way to our room I could help but notice how the hallway carpet was delaminated and there were ridges of 3-4 inches vertically - seems kind of dangerous for tripping and felt like a 'minefield'. Our room furnishings were nice but again the carpet was delaminated and the front cover of the a/c unit came off. The furniture and bedding may have been replaced, but the bathrooms need updating and the a/c units and tv's need to be replaced - this place still had a large tube tv on a dresser. The highlight of our stay was Nancy who worked in the breakfast area - she worked so hard replacing items and making sure people had what they wanted. Breakfast included regular and strawberry make your own waffles, bagels and toast, egg and sausage patties, yogurts, apples, oranges, bananas, oatmeal, orange or apple juice and coffee and milk. Plenty of choices to get your day started. Yocco's was just down the Rt. 100 so we ate our fill of cheesesteaks and pierogies! Don't miss Fogelsville Hotel along Tighlman Street in Fogelsville! After being married for over 30 years, I've stayed at many places in Allentown and when it is summer - we stay AWAY from Hamilton Street since we're not going to Dorney Park!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JANET K

Dear Valued Guests,

Let me begin by thanking you for your feedback and for returning after such a long time away. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass them along to our staff. As for renovations, I am very happy to inform all readers that they will begin within just a few short weeks. We will begin by replacing all carpeting throughout the entire property. Our bathrooms will immediately follow with a full makeover and many more additions such as the new flat panel televisions which have now been installed throughout the entire property. Once again, thank you for posting your review.
We look forward to your next visit, see you soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

There was a big event going on in the area so the hotel was hopping. We arrived fairly late on a Saturday night and the lobby area was loud. I was a bit fearful about getting any sleep but the room and hallways were quiet. The room was spacious and clean. We had a fridge and microwave. There is a small restaurant/bar downstairs for late night snacks. Breakfast was included and there was a large selection of goodies, from make-your-own waffles to small omelets, sausage, yogurt, muffins, cereals, etc. The bathroom was clean and everything worked well. The front desk workers were friendly and efficient. Overall we had no complaints with this motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are happy that we met your expectations and your family enjoyed the accommodations. We hope to see you soon!