“home away from home” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

There is nothing better than to be so nicely greeted after a long trip. Carmen Perez was so friendly and helpful at the front desk. From the time we walked in until the time we said goodbye, she represents Howard Johnson's commitment to a noteworthy stay. We felt so welcome and were treated with the utmost courtesy. Kudos to Carmen.

Room Tip: Call directly to confirm any questions about accommodations even if booking through an agent or onli...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Somerset, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My boyfriend & I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary, and while the room was decent for the price, the staff is HORRIBLE. First off, we paid cash at check-in. They asked for a credit card to hold in case of incidentals--no problem, standard procedure. We had a comfortable stay, and checked out the next day...with what seemed like no issues. A week later, there was a charge on my card, which made no sense considering we paid cash. Figuring it was some kind of mistake (these things happen) I called them up for an explanation. (Not to mention the rate charged on my card was an entirely different amount then what we paid in cash at check-in). The lady who answered my call said that she would have someone check it out and call me back. I waited days, and heard nothing so I called back and got the same answer...this went on for well over a week. Two weeks later, finally super fed up with the situation, I spoke to a manager, who raised her voice at me and flat out told me that I was in the wrong and did not pay cash, so It was my problem. I requested to talk to someone else, and she said they would call me back the next day at 10 a.m. ...its been a month and I have still heard nothing. We stay at hotels very often, and I myself am a guest service agent at a choice hotel, and never in my life have I seen such unprofessionalism. The way this staff speaks to guests is so beyond unacceptable. I will NEVER stay here again, or at any Howard Johnson for that matter (the joke of a staff at this hotel made the entire chain look bad), and you can be sure none of my friends or family members will either. I am disgusted. I should not still be trying to resolve this issue almost two months later...and I am still waiting on my refund.

Room Tip: Do not stay here... plain & simple.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelingtheworldwu
Allentown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Everything was acceptable, good value for the price. Only disappointment was the breakfast. All really high carb., as a type 2 diabetic there was nothing I could eat. Went to Perkins next door for a "not free" breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello John,

thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. I understand your concerns about our breakfast, we will have some fruits during your next visit. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with our competitive rates, friendly staff and our convenient location. Again, we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Allentown.