“Good value, good rest”

Sleep Inn Allentown
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stopped here on the way to North Carolina with no reservations, and no idea what we were getting for a room. The room was neat and clean. The shower had great pressure, and the water was nice and hot. The bed was comfy, but there could have been a few more pillows.

The breakfast was typical, but the woman that took care of it made it great. She was super friendly, very attentive to the buffet, kept it clean and well stocked. She is an asset to the company.

We would stay here again when in the area, or travelling through.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank v v

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Good location right off interstate 78 & not far away from the PA Turnpike. Clean & Comfortable rooms. Rooms seem to have been renovated since my last stay there. Flat Screen TV, heating unit worked well.. Had a 2nd floor room facing the interstate - truck traffic can be heard, but it's more relaxing than bothersome.. Breakfast area was ok, nothing to write home about... Didn't encounter any issues with the cigarette smoke & had a 2nd Floor Room... Would return if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AMTK41
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sleep Inn, Allentown. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We recently finished our "Designed to Dream" renovation and are very happy with how it turned out. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

The room was small for three of us - it felt like there was no place to put things down. It had a shower stall (large) instead of a bathtub. We had a dog with us and were put on the third floor, which we were told was the pet and smokers floor. We had a non-smoking room, but the hallway smelled strongly. All this being said, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom and the heater were fine. Breakfast was really basic, but OK. We wound up staying two nights, so it was obviously tolerable for us, although anyone with a strong reaction to cigarette smoke might have a problem.

Room Tip: There's heavy traffic on the highway ramp, even through the night. It really didn't bother u...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AnymousE_53
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The hotel it self was very nice, along with the room..but when i was taking a shower I saw something bloody on the shower curtain, I'm not sure what it was alls I know is I wanted to get out. But like I said everything else about the room was nice. The breakfast was awesome, except while I was eating two staff members were trying to figure out why the vaccum cleaner wasn't working right, right by where I was eating! & then persisted on running it while I was eating, I thought they could have atleast waited until I was finished eating.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica_A0324
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I'd stayed at Sleep Inns before, and they've always been nice places to stay overall, but this one was a step above what I am used to. The decor was cute (particularly for a motel that costs less than $100 per night), the bedding was very soft and comfortable, and the room was quite clean. There was more storage space and amenities than I am used to in roadside motels, and, though my dealings w/ the staff were minimal, the ones I did talk to were very pleasant and patient, even when talking to not-so-nice guests. The breakfast they served was the usual pastries, cereal, juice, etc., but they had much more variety than I usually see at motel continental breakfasts. The only negative thing was the price; it was a bargain, only $82.49 for a basic room with two double beds, but the price they originally quoted was $75. I realize they had to add tax and everything, but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people quote you one price on something and then charge you something else. I mean, I know the front desk clerks must have the price w/ tax memorized by now, so why not just advertise that price? Oh, well, a minor quibble over an otherwise fine stay. (Also, this is a bit off-topic, but why don't ALL motel rooms have a bathroom with a sliding door like this one?! It's a major space saver, and it just makes sense!)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna N
amy c, Manager at Sleep Inn Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you so much for the nice compliment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

omg, this was the nicest,cleanest friendlyist hotel ever
i was soooooooooooo happy i picked it
breakfast was fantastic and the lady taking care of you was the best!!!!

Room Tip: all are great
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lady41304
amy c, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Friendly, courteous staff. Clean well stocked rooms, very quiet and comfortable. Bonuses, being a pet friendly hotel, and make your own waffles for breakfast. Could have had a slightly larger breakfast area or more choices , would have been nicer to have some variety for breakfast but was not too bad . Would i stay again ? Yes

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple