Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We make it a point to stay here while visiting family around 4 times a year. it is very clean with beautiful appointed rooms & wonderful guest services .
But today, I am writing about a young woman named Laurene who works the front desk. In my many business or leisure visits to hotels, Laurene ranks very high on the list with her very friendly and professional attitude . I wont bore you with details but she was so helpful to us even with us pestering her on how to get their free WIFI access on our new (toys) Smart Phones. .
I have commented to their management to include her on any management trainee program .

Room Tip: If you dont mind children's laughter & the noise from the rides next door at Dorney park in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PurpleKnights
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the generous comments you left! I am proud to say I am the Front Desk Manager here:) We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next few trips with us!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stopped here driving back from Vermont to Southside Virginia after skiing. Found the listing using Tripadvisor when I got tired of driving and it had a special rate listed. Booked it via my cell phone and walked in 15 minutes later. Very clean! From the lobby, down the hall and in the room the cleanliness was excellent. Breakfast had omelets, pancakes, fruit, juices, bagels and yougurt, etc. Nice variety for serve yourself and go. Right across the street from the water park. Very quiet with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ghself
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you located our hotel and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop by and see us again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

For the traveler, the two most important aspects of any hotel stay are: (1) is the mattress comfortable? and (2) does the shower head provide a pulsating, powerful, hot stream of water to relax my weary body? The answers to these two questions are: (1) very Yes ... (2) absolutely Yes! My family stayed here on the way north and on our return south during the week of Christmas. On our second visit we stayed in the suite (for about $10 extra). I was able to hit the breakfast in the Lobby and brought up my family"s breakfast to the room; the table and chairs were nice. The microwave enabled us to reheat anything. Overall a very nice, restful stay that enabled us to recharge before we continued our journey. One bit of advice regarding Breakfast: skip the eggs (powdered and awful). If you are looking for a restaurant, we had dinner at Wegmans, located about 5 minutes away. You can sit down at the Pub or serve yourself (sort of cafeteria style): anything from Pizza to Sushi to Organic Soup to Oriental, whatever. The dining area for the do-it-yourself crowd is very nice. Also nearby is Paneras.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skionVA1

Dear Valued Guest,

We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do appreciate the positive feedback you wrote and I wills hare with all of our employees.

Please stop by to see us the next time you are in the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express on our way from Georgia to Vermont. This particular hotel seemed a bit dated and we were really disappointed because there was no pool, but the breakfast in the morning and the proximity to the highway made up for the shortcomings.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mommavt
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We are looking to renovate our property some time in the future, and hope you will make it a point to stop by!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here for one night on my family road trip to NYC during thanksgiving weekend. The hotel was a good choice since we don't want to spent 200$ for a hotel in NYC. I like the room we have had, it was clean and I have everything I need (microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker). The reception was efficient, we got our room just in a minute. I make a few request upon my arrival and they do accommodate my wish.
Breakfast was complimentary, with a standard american breakfast (scrambled egg, potato, waffle, corn flakes etc), it taste good.
I would recommend this hotel, and would love to visit again.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room that do not near elevator, as I don't like the noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Utamie
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback. We look to accomodate all of our guests, and are thrilled when we are successful!

We hope to see you again!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My 82 year old mother was locked out of her room upon returning from her grandson's wedding. The night staff did not offer to put her in another room and the maintenance people, though working diligently, took close to three hours to finally open the door for her. What were they thinking about to not move her into another room?? She waited outside the bedroom ....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??
I called the hotel when I heard this nightmare and am still waiting to hear from them two + days later.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemary L
Joseph F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Please accept our apology for what occurred. We ask that you contact us directly so that we may have the opportunity to clarify the situation. The review posted is not an accurate account.

For our Trip Advisor readers, I would like to address some key facts of the situation.

1. Our guest, as seen on camera, awaited reentry in her family's adjacent room, rather than outside as stated.

2. The issue was resolved in a matter of 56 minutes, rather than the nearly three hours as stated.

3. Rooms which include an adjacent door leading to another room (Connecting Rooms) should not be dead bolted from the inside and exited from the connecting door. As a safety measure the connecting doors will lock upon closure from the adjacent room and one cannot gain reentry without using the door key. The door key will not open the door that has been dead bolted. It took us a few minutes to trouble shoot why the lock was not engaging.
We have taken some measures to further inform guests whom rent our connecting rooms.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Once again the Holiday Inn Express was there for us. It is was a very nice room and very heplful staff. After a long day on the road it's nice to know that a clean room and a welcome smile is waiting for you. We would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary C
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Value Guest,

We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the positive feedback along to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time! Happy Holidays!