“Great customer service/location/room BUT” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville

Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Pennsylvania
“Great customer service/location/room BUT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had a family wedding in July and most traveled from out of town requiring overnight lodging. Jon provided a nice meeting room for famly/friends to gather between the ceremony and 4:30 p.m. reception which was very much appreciated. I requested a handicapped accessible suite for my 90 and 88 yrs old parents. My mother uses a walker and awakes several times overnight to use the bathroom. I wasn't able to have an adjoining suite but Jon was able to provide a suite next door which was available about 3:15 p.m. My parent's (Room 424) was not available until a little after 4 p.m. We were all apprehensive about my parents overnight stay as they haven't traveled in over 2 years and I appreciated Jon's attention to the matter. Our room was very clean/nicely decorated/comfortable. Both rooms were quite a walk from the elevator. Upon entering my parent's handicapped suite, I noticed that the room was identical to ours. The bathroom area was no different than ours. A bathtub with no handrails/grab bars. No raised toilet/no handrails on wall by toilet or around toilet. No accessible bathroom doorway -rather the door opened in to wall by toilet. My mother could not get off toilet without someone's assistance as her only thing to hold onto was the door knob or walker (which both moved). I called the front desk twice and both times was told Room 424 was indeed a handicapped accessible room. I called again and the manager advised me that accessible rooms have outside buzzer; different furniture configuration; wider bathroom entry; step in shower or lower tub with hand/grab rails/ and hand/grab rails by/around toilet. I asked him to come to room. Upon inspection he agreed that it was not handicapped accessible. I told him my parents could not stay in a non accessible room overnight by themselves but he said unfortunately the hotel was completely booked. He was very apologetic but nothing could be done. Needless to say, my parents were afraid and so was I. In essence, other than a buzzer to enter the room, anyone is left on their own once in the room. I had a key to their room and my parents did stay overnight but not a good night for any of us plus they couldn't use the shower facility in the morning. Nevertheless, breakfast the following morning was delightful. Since our visit, I have been advised that steps have been taken to assure that suites designated as handicapped in the hotel's database do in fact meet the requirements of accessibility. While I would return to this hotel, I caution anyone requiring a handicapped accessible room here or any hotel to make sure it actually is so they don't experience what we did. Again, Jon and Ralph were very apologetic and I would rate this property as excellent but for what we went through.

Room Tip: See my comments above........otherwise all the rooms were very nice.....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mariePennsylvania
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your staying with us. We get many comment s on the service, location and especially our breakfast. It was also our pleasure to assist the wedding group with the use of our Lehigh Room, where family and friend often gather before or after their big event. I was the one who made your reservations and certainly thank you for being so understanding and I sincerely apologize about my booking the wrong accessible room type. There are seven accessible rooms at our hotel to accommodate travelers needing different accessibility needs . In my eagerness to assist you with your request for adjoining rooms, I unintentionally booked you into a hearing impaired accessible room vs. a handicap accessible room. The hotel was completely sold out and we were unable to move you to an accessible handicap room, they were already occupied. I wish I could go back and correct the issue but I cannot and I am deeply sorry about that.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for one night to see the Iron pigs play a double header. This hotel is 1.5 miles from the park. We traveled with our 10 month old and had no problems. We were able to set up her pack and play comfortably and give mom and dad some room to breathe! The room was clean ( no mold in the shower tile or ceiling, two thumbs up there!) The bed large and sheets clean. We would have no problems staying there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the review and thank you for staying with us while visiting the area. Our Homewood Associates take great pride in exceeding the high cleanliness standards that expected of Hilton and our hotel guests. We look forward to you returning again soon! Happy Travels.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had a great trip to Allentown thanks to this hotel. We were in town for the DCI event at J. Birney Crum Stadium. Although it was rainy, this hotel let us check in a little early. Our room keys didn't work at first, but the management came to meet us at our room with new keys after we called the front desk. Great service. Side note: Really? Room keys didn't work, incredibly, minutes after checking in??? How is that possible? The room temp was cool, and offered plenty of amenities if you are staying for longer than a few nights. Full size fridge, pantry items, dish washer, you name it. Our party only had three people, but we were still impressed on what you get for the price you pay. Well done!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We truly appreciate you staying with us while attending the DCI event at J. Birney Crum Stadium. Our Homewood Suites Team enjoys assisting our guest with any special request including early check in when available. At times room keys can be affected when in close proximity of cell phones, we are happy that we were able to assist so quickly. The Homewood Suites brand is a terrific value for the single traveler to families on vacation. We hope to see you again next year for the DCI event. Happy Travels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This place is beautiful I can here with my son brithday everyone who work here is so nice this is a secret paradise 5 miles away from dorney park very quiet I will most definitely come back I can't believe how nice and helpful the staff is here my son love this place he didn't want to check out you got to stay here

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. Happy Birthday wishes to your son. Our Homewood Suites Associates enjoy making everyone’s stay a memorable one and love to great our guest with a warm smile and a sincere “Hello”. The hotel is conveniently located to Dorney Park in addition to many other much visited attractions throughout the Lehigh Valley. You’re more than welcome to stay longer next visit and we look forward to you returning again soon… Happy Travels!
Greenwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This was a great stay! The room was so comfy. Included a kitchen and roomy bathroom. Has a basketball court and outdoor eating area. They served breakfast AND dinner in a large and tidy room. Everyone was very friendly. Great value compared to other hotels. Stay here!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your staying with us while visiting the Lehigh Valley. Our hotel has several room choices, Studio, One or Two Bedroom Suites which all have a fully equipped kitchenette. Kids love the outdoor sports court. Complimentary “Suite Start” Breakfast Buffet is served each and every morning in addition to the complimentary “Welcome Home” Dinner Buffet which is served Mondays thru Thursdays from 5:30-7:30. With all that the Homewood Suites has to offer, it certainly keeps travel cost low. We look forward to you returning soon! Happy travels.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel. It was inexpensive, but had huge rooms and was clean. My husband is VERY concerned about bed bugs and cleanliness (had an unfortunate incident at another hotel), so he likes to check hotels thoroughly. He said this is the cleanest hotel he has seen ;-).

We were also traveling to visit family, so we had our dog with us. I love that this hotel allows pets! Breakfast was also fine. Overall, great hotel for the price. I would definitely recommend Homewood Suites.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate your choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Lehigh Valley. Our Homewood Team takes great pride in exceeding the high expectations that Hilton and guest expect. The Homewood Suites is an all suites hotel; with rooms almost double the size of others. Our Studio, one and two bedroom suites have plenty of room to spread out and relax, all of our suites even have a fully equipped kitchenette and our two bedroom suites can accommodate up to eight travelers. Four legged travelers are always welcome (small fee upon is accessed). We look forward to you returning someday soon. Happy Travels!
Riverhead, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Amenities in these hotels are great! We get the king bedroom suite which has a separate bedroom and the main living area has a pull out couch for my kids. This all works out great cause I snore and it bothers them! The complementary breakfast and dinner(weekdays) is excellent and saves you a couple bucks as well. Homewood Suites will always be my first choice where ever my family vacations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel offers several room types to accommodate traveler’s needs, our two bedroom suites can sleep up to eight people. All of our suites include a pull out sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchenette. Each and every morning our chefs create a delicious, complimentary “Suite Start” Breakfast Buffet and for those who stay Monday thru Thursdays (5:30-7:30) hotel guests are treated to another delicious “Welcome Home” Dinner Buffet, it is also complimentary and includes a healthy salad bar, scrumptious dinner, beer and wine. And you’re exactly right. When families stay at a Homewood Suites it certainly helps keep cost in line… We look forward to you returning someday soon! Happy Travels.