“very nice w wonderful service”
Review of Cosmopolitan Restaurant - CLOSED

Cosmopolitan Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hamilton Blvd
Description: Located in Allentown's downtown, across from Allentown Symphony Hall.
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
“very nice w wonderful service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Started w drinks at the bar and then apps, followed w a lite meal.
Valet parking started the nite off and 3 hrs later we 2 couples could'nt say anything but we had a Wonderful time. Drinks made as we requested, bottle of wine that was recommended by our waiter (Nino), 1/2 price apps, more drinks and finally a lite meal. Food was pleasantly surprised and then a tour of the place. Tour was upstairs and out to outside tables. They went out of there way. Very, Very, Nice time!
Thanks Nino.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hoods4u

CT
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was looking forward to trying this restaurant. The first introduction is very positive with the valet parking and the décor is serene, restful, very sophisticated and beautiful from the backlit waterfall in the entrance to the soft lighting and luxuriously pleated curtains in the dining area on the ground floor. Even the elevator is luxe with Persian carpeting and brass and glass.

But the menu was a big disappointment. Prices are very high and precious few selections are offered. I love osso bucco but it seems a poor choice for the heat of July.

Service was very slow. We waited probably 20 minutes for menus and then another 20 minutes until our waiter came for drink orders. Our waiter was much too busy talking to friends at a nearby table, and sometimes even sitting down at their table with them, to bother to pay much attention to us.

I started with fried calamari which consisted of some ring-shaped pieces and a lot of crusted calamari crumbs served with a dish of what looked and tasted like plain ketchup. My entrée was so unmemorable that I can't even remember what it was and it is only two days later. I don't mind paying top New York prices, but I expect food and service to be perfect and Cosmopolitan is far from perfect. My only rave concerns the décor which is beautiful.

• Visited July 2014
Goshen, Connecticut
“Food, service do not match ambiance”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a weekday night. The restaurant was not at all crowded. First impression was of elegance. Menus had few choices. Quite expensive. The food was good, but not extraordinary. The service was poor. Long delays between drinks and courses. Our ice cream was partially melted when it finally arrived. I would not return to this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
“Great service, better food!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went there on Valentine's Day. The lobster salad and steak were incredible. Our waiter was great, giving great recommendations for both the menu and beer/wine list. A must-go to in Allentown. Additionally, I went to a Greek formal there and it was beautifully done. Definitely recommend for dining or renting out for a party.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank MasterofReview
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Not quite the same”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I were here a year ago. The place was full and buzzing with people. Not so anymore. Only a handful of people were there to eat and the bar was virtually empty. My wife and I weren't as impressed with the food as we were the first time. The service and ambiance was still excellent. The overall dinner experience was very good but not excellent. Will go back again but not rushing to go.

• Visited May 2014