“Mild food - Americanized chinese food”
Review of Anjin Asian Diner and Grill - CLOSED

Anjin Asian Diner and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Interior is very modern and better than average chinese restaurant. We had dinner special: 2 appetizers, 2 soups, 2 entree, 2 desserts for $20. Service is excellent. No long waiting. Friendly waiter. Our entree, Chicken Black Pepper and Szechuan Shrimp, are mild taste. I expect spicier, but the black pepper is so sweet. Szechuan shrimp tastes like sweet and sour shrimp. They never ask how spicy your food is cooked.

If mild taste is your thing, go for it.

4  Thank gaby_pa

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I loved it. On the west coast going out for Chinese means going out to somewhere nice. Not a corner take out. I really missed having a restaurant like Anjin so close to where I live that has reasonable prices.

The chef, staff, atmosphere and interior design are awesome.

1  Thank Sage_Donna
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We had dinner here last night. I was first surprised by the atmosphere, it was calm and quite nice. The food needs a bit of work. I am not a huge Asian food fan, but I do have a few dishes that I like, so I played it safe and ordered my usual. The appetizers were extremely hot, while the main course was slightly above room temp. I am always critical when the food temperatures are off. I loved the wonton soup, and the flavors of my chicken and brocoli was good, but the brocoli was still a bit too crunchy for me. My husband had the pepper steak and he thought some of his veggies were too crunchy too, but he did like the flavors. I had the fried ice-cream for dessert, this was a huge let down, and I wouldn't even begin to risk that again...I really didn't like it. My husband had the cheesecake and made no complaints.
All that said, I will go again and try something a little less pedestrian.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We went to Anjin with another couple. Ambiance okay (didn't expect much) service was fine but food was awful. For me -- when I go to an Asian restaurant that suggests they have great Thai I order a rather pedestrian (read that litmus test) seaweed and Pad Thai combo dinner. If they screw that up then I feel there I'd a problem with anything else they claim.

Well the Pad Thai wasn't great (not even good) and the salad wasn't either. I don't normally pan a new place but none if the four of us liked our dinners -- wow 0 for 4 -- so that's why I'm only giving this place 1 star. Don't go here unless they have SUBSTANTIALLy improved the overall quality of their food.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Had lunch here today. Food was great. Lunch specials all under $7.00 included soup and spring roll. The portions were just right. We'll be back.