“"My Home Away from Home"”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I visited Allentown, PA. for the weekend on 3/29/14 and the weather was not pleasant, it rained all day and night, so we decided to stay overnight and drive back to NY on Sunday. as Usual my family
would only stay here an the Garden Inn. our Room was on the 1st floor next to the pool and my son was just super excited. check in was fast and the staff very courteous. at the pool we realized that my son had left the goggles for swimming. I asked the pool attendant about where can I purchased a new pair and he went out of his way to check if any where around for my son to wear. (sorry didn't catch your name). he came back wit like 4 pairs for my son to use. a BIG Thank you to the man in charge of the pool on Saturday March 29th 2014 during the day. I've stayed in other Hotels in Allentown but The Hilton Garden Inn is like my Home away from Home. Rooms are Always clean and the staff very courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much for the review on your stay with us. We are so glad you experienced our true Hilton Garden Inn service from our Housman. I have forwarded your comments to the housekeeping manager so they can acknowledge the individual for their great service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights with some friends with the intentions of going to the nearby Sands Casino. The hotel is easily accessible from route 22 and conveniently located with a Red Robin just outside the door as well as a number of other restaurants and shopping (target etc) just across the street.
The hotel itself is well maintained and clean although it appears to be a slightly older structure. The rooms was comfortable and clean although also just slightly outdated feeling. The beds however, were not the most comfortable even though they could be adjusted to individual liking. We all felt they were very hard.
The Sands is fairly close by, I would say less than a 10 minute ride and only a couple of turns. Really it was a very simple drive to and from the casino.
It was perfect for our little get away, and there is plenty more to see and do in less than an hours drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us, we are glad you used our hotel for your quick getaway with friends. We hope you had good luck at the casino! We do want to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a full room renovation and hope to have it started by the end of this year.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed one night to catch an early flight and slept comfortably. We left our truck in the lot for the week and that was a selling point for us with this hotel and 24 hr airport shuttle service. a lot of hotel shuttles start at 5 am. We will stay at the Allentown airport Hilton Garden Inn everytime!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Shane E,

Thank you for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel. Close to the airport and always very clean. The staff there are outstanding. I travel to Allentown frequently and always stay here. Have never had a bad experience. I am always greeted as a Hilton honors member upon arrival. The place has a great breakfast as well. Also within walking distance of the local Waffle House.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for recent stay with us. We are very appreciative of your loyalty to our hotel and and we appreciate that you are sharing this with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Where to start... this property was woefully disappointing on numerous levels.
1. NOISE: Half of the hotel, the northeast facing side is unusable. I lasted no more than 5 minutes in a room on this side. I could hear the beeping from the forklifts and truck doors slamming immediately from the logistics facility next door.
2. ROOM CONDITION: This is an original Hilton Garden and the rooms show their age. Marred doors, walls, carpets. The bathrooms have mold & missing grout in the tile and chipped Corian that actually snags your clothing, when you lean against the sink. One of the rooms I was switched to had the carpet covered in pet hair. I worry that the staff has given up trying, and I don't blame them.
3. ROOM HVAC: The ventilation is either on full blast or off, no option for lower fan setting.

I am a frequent Hilton property stayer and have experienced even some of the most remote Hampton Inns. I can honestly say this is the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed in the US, as far as the room conditions and issue with noise goes. The property recently renovated the lobby, but it doesn't matter. The rest of the property is a dump and overshadowed the nice lobby features and courteous breakfast staff.

I will not choose this property again and would encourage Hilton to divest it and build new property somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't choose this property unless you can be guaranteed a south-side room. Moreover, I would st...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Susan M,

Thank you for the candid review on your stay with us. We do appreciate honest reviews as it only helps us to improve our guest experience. We are so sorry we dropped the ball on many aspects of your stay. Our property will begin a full room renovation at the end of this year which will correct the issues your mentioned. If your travels bring you back to the Lehigh Valley we would love for you to have you stay with us again so we can show you our true Hilton hospitality.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was great. My 3 kids and I went and stayed there to attend a 90th party the next day. They enjoyed the pool. They enjoyed walking through the parking lot right to Red Robin for dinner. Everything was clean. I was unsure if we should purchase breakfast vouchers/tickets. I decided to so it would be easier and more convenient. We were very pleased. They not only had a buffet, but you could order hot food also. My kids and I enjoyed it even though we were only there for a short amount of time. We would stay there or any other Hilton Garden Inn again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Tami T,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the many different amenities we have to offer. If your travels bring you back to the Lehigh Valley, we would love the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent hotel, lots of amenities, great location. We loved the lobby water set-up, the evening bar, toiletries are top shelf, and the breakfast is excellent! It was also great for our group of 15 to be able to walk to the Red Robin next door for burgers!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

We just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Bethlehem Airport! We are so glad you were able to experience our new food and beverage offerings. We look forward to seeing you again soon!