“Dirty Hotel”

Scottish Inn Allentown
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
“Dirty Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were in desperate need of a hotel and no other hotels had any vacancies so we stayed in the only one available. The non smoking room smelled like cigarettes.There was black stains at the bottom of the shower curtains. The shower head fell off while showering . It is not the safest hotel. The building alarm went off at 6:50am. It was so loud. We complained but they said the fire dept is the one to shut it off. Better off staying somewhere else, especially if you have a family. The one good thing is that it is next to Denny's and other restaurants. Across the street there is a shopping center with many stores. There are other hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank emilee3000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Holbrook, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

they tried to charge me twice... which i heard i wasn't the only people who they tried to charge twice....................... then we have four people in the room with two queen beds. only 2 towels... and no soap.. so i pressed 0 on their phone and no one answered for like 45 mins.... then i decide to call them on my cell and pressed the button for reservation they answered the phone real quick......
then.. at 4 am in the morning the fire alarm goes off .. 20 mins outside... firedepartment comes to shut it off...... and then it goess off at 6 30 again i call the front desk and say whats going on.. they say they have a bad fire alarm... and they knew it and did not bother telling us that they had a broken alarm.... so basiclally its not 2 star holtel .. its crap

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank Leigh L
Sand Lake, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Booked the Scottish Inn for this past weekend, July 12 - 13th. Arrived to find the front welcoming staff in stained clothing and appeared to need a lesson in personal hygiene! Was given a room on the second floor. While traveling to find our room, we passed what appeared to be people who lived at this hotel, not very appealing. We had to pass thru doors that at one time you needed to use your room key to get in the door, but were broken and not in use. The carpeting was very dirty. Upon entering our room, it appeared to be a regular hotel room with a mini fridge and mini microwave and a desk and chair, the bathroom door handel was missing, but we overlooked that small detail as it was just the 2 of us (bathroom was clean). Again the carpeting in the room was dirty and i kept my shoes on at all times. The 1st night the air conditioner kept us up... every hour the air conditioner would make an ungodly noise! By morning we headed to the office for coffee and something to eat. They did supply good coffee and pastries, cereal, etc. non of which I could eat as I have been trying to eat healthy, so i settled for orange juice and coffee, spoke with the womean at the desk (who was conversing with the breakfast maid) to inform them of the air conditioner issue and she advised us she would contact house keeping when they arrived. The room they supplied for breakfast was filling up fast so we opted to sit just outside of it at the sofa and chair with a flatscreeen TV. They had a sitcom on the TV and i asked if they could swithch the channel to the news? I was informed by the breakfast maid that there was a TV in the other room and they would not switch the channel. Not very accomodating! Returned that evening and was told the Air conditioner was fixed. We did get woke up by the air conditioner aging, but just once in the night, by 4AM the fire alarms were going off and we had to exit our room. While sanding outside i decided to get some coffee from the office breakfast room, another patron tried to do the same and was told by the office worker they would have to wait till 6AM and locked the front door and posted a sign to use the window on the side of the buliding till 6AM... again not very accomodating! I asked the gentlemand from the office what was the alarm going off for and he said that a customer had taken a very hot shower and set off the alarm!?!? sounded fishy! Just then a firman approache the gentleman to inform him that they had something wrong with an alarm on the second floor and need to get it fixed, that the alarm will not shut off until it is fixed! somehow thay did silence the alarm and we returned to our room to possibly get some sleep. But the alarm continued just as the fireman said, so we decided to check out. I did tell the office that for the past 2 nights in there hotel i was not able to sleep. They appologised. I did let them know i would like to speak to the Manager, but the manager was not on the premises and he would call me on Monday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank colleen w
Ontario,
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I booked this hotel on Booking.com based on the reviews. Not sure what rooms those people stayed in?? It wasn't one of the 2 we got. The first one said it was a nonsmoking room but it smelt awful! The man at the front desk offered to spray it but we asked for a different room. The 2nd room was a definite improvement smell wise but the bathroom needed a good cleaning. The breakfast was a basic bread, bagels,or muffin with coffee. Nothing special.

Room Tip: Best thing I can say is check the room out before you pay for it. Will never even consider staying a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank volley11
Narragansett, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I booked a room here using booking.com and it had 3-4 reviews saying it was better than expected, had recent renovations, etc. The price was low at $58.00 including taxes. They need a handyman for sure! Toilet paper holder broken from wall, sink faucet loose, toilet seat loose, carpeting pulling away from metal strips securing it to floor, outlet covers that don't fit right, etc.I think what put me over the edge was that it appeared that one bed's sheets hadn't been changed. There was a big long hair when I pulled the covers down. I will say that all desk personnel were pleasant and the price included breakfast. Come on guys, clean it up and fix all the little things.

Room Tip: I really couldn't help anyone since I didn't see other rooms......
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine D
bethlehem
Reviewed 26 November 2012

NOVEMBER 26, 2012 Staff is rude and argumentative. Rooms are not cleaned daily although they have the appearance of being clean. Tubs and sinks do not function properly. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and the last stay will be my last stay. Staff lies to customers saying that all the rooms are the same but they are not. I stayed at the hotel one night with my white boyfriend and they gave us a clean room, heated and clean laundry. The NEXT night I stayed with a girl friend of mine who was black and with a child and they put us in a DIRTY, NON HEATED room with broken furniture and bed rails sticking out just looking to hurt someone. When confronting the front desk, the lady (with red hair) was really nasty and told me all the rooms had the same accommodations. Which they don't. I have seen mixed reviews about this place but do not be fooled, if you are white, you MAY get a decent room for what you pay for. If you are black, GO TO RED ROOF. These people have no morals and no standards. They are disgusting!!

Room Tip: First level rooms in the back of the office and directly across the walkway, are the best rooms. Tak...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank AAJ J
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

This has to be the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in, Haiti included! Non- smoking room? Not on your life! The smell of smoke was so bad I thought I was at at kick fight. The beds were dirty. There was mold in the bathroom shower. Tub wouldn't drain so we were ankle deep in our own shower water. walls had coffee and what appeared to be ... well i won't say it here. Ceiling had a leak stain and was moldy. The floors hadn't been vacuumed in days. Needless to say you would be better off sleeping at a homeless shelter. Stay away!

• Stayed November 2012
11 Thank blmartin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Super 8 Allentown
Super 8 Allentown
#19 of 30 in Allentown
Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport

Been to Scottish Inn Allentown? Share your experiences!