“Great ambience!”

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ambience!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The restaurant is very cute! Thes menu was very good! Nice kebabs and falafel. The atmosphere was amazing, they had a belly dancer and great decor!

Visited September 2013

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great price, BYOB, owners passionate about service”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a gem in Allentown. It's BYOB with great food to eat there or call ahead for take-out. The baba ganoush at this place changed my mind from "I don't like baba ganoush" to "I want to order baba ganoush every time we go." Salads very fresh, and with awesome feta cheese you want to savor in every bite.

On site ownership, from what I gather it's now run day-to-day by the 2nd generation (2 sisters). They are friendly with customers, and careful to clarify menu items if it seems that a customer is ordering something that is too much or too little food for a meal.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Virginia
“Good food, homey place”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

So ok, the atmosphere is slightly tacky...you can't eat the decor. The food is GOOD...at least, what I had of it. Let me explain. I had only appetizers. Didn't want the appy combo, because I thought it would be too much food. So I ordered babaghanouj, kusa, tabbouleh and the assorted meat and spinach pies. I still had leftovers, but that was ok.

First off, the pita was the best...thin, warm, great for scooping your foods. The baba had lots of tahini, but the smokiness of the eggplant came through loud and clear. The tabbouleh was fresh and flavorful, although I would have liked a little more bulgur in it. The kusa...which I've never had before...was amazing! Yum! The pies were tasty, but I didn't care for the doughy wrapper, which I found to be heavy.

I thought the menu entree selections were limited...mostly shish kebabs, and only one stew, which is what I would have tried if I were hungrier. I think this would have been a better experience if I were there with friends, because the menu is not suited, really, to an individual diner. I've eaten in a number of Middle Eastern restaurants, so a greater assortment of entrees would be nice.

• Visited April 2013
Schnecksvill, PA
“Best Middle Eastern Food in the Lehigh Valley”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I still enjoy going to this restaurant. The interior could be re-done, it is dated. But, it is a very whimsical and charming. It sets the mood for eating Middle Eastern food. The hummus, the baba, the broiled cauliflower, the tabouli, everything is just fantastic. The very best ingredients are used.
The meat in their Shish Kebabs is great quality and cooked just right. This restaurants food has always impressed me. I enjoy taking friends there on a Saturday around the time the Belly Dancer performers. They always really enjoy that. Anyone have taken there, say the food is excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Aladdin has the best hummus, babba, pita, shish kebabs etc. in the Lehigh Valley.
Sometimes we go once a month just to get our fix. The belly dancer on Sat. and the atmosphere make this restaurant the perfect Sat. night outing with friends or family. It is byob so you can bring whatever you like for your party. We have been going here since they opened!

• Visited March 2013