“No, No, No”

Description: It is a mexican deli with a small restaurant at the back
Syracuse, New York
“No, No, No”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It appears that people do not know what authentic Mexican is. My Wife and I have traveled to many places and our favorite place is Tucson, AZ. There we get real Mexican food. We got three tacos and the flavors were all the same. Not good at all. I would avoid this place when going through the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dean O

Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Authentic delicious Mexican food in the heart of Allentown!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I can finally write a good review about an authentic Mexican restaurant in the Lehigh Valley area! If you are looking for delicious authentic Mexican food, this is the place to be. I ordered a pozole (pork hominy soup) and my hubby ordered tacos and a torta (Mexican sandwich). Everything was fresh and the taste was authentic Mexico…delicioso!!! Just don't come with a large group, there are only a couple of tables available and the place is small (at least from what I saw). Will def return again and again!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank njmom0303
Sudbury, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Authentic Mexican Food !!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We used to live in Tucson AZ and had been to many great Mexican restaurants. This tiny, family owned grocer/cafe served us surprisingly great Mexican food while we were visiting my daughter in college. I had Chicken Burrito and it was huge and so inexpensive. They just have a few tables in the back of the shop, so taking out would be the best. Food you will not be disappointed with great price !!

• Visited April 2013
Quarante, France
“Fine Bodega Fare”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My wife is from Texas, she went to college in Mexico, her bean pot is over 50 years old, and we import our tortillas fresh from Texas and Mexico through family and friends. We're serious about our Mexican food. If you are too, consider La Placita for lunch. It's mostly for takeout but there are a few tables in the back. Like any bodega, there's hardly room to turn around. There's stuff everywhere, from bags of pan dulce on the counter to Mexican cds for sale on top of the deli case. And the deli case holds great chorizo, queso fresca, homemade mole, and much more. I generally order the torta con chorizo - a bulky sandwich on a Portuguese roll filled with spicy chorizo, lettuce, tomato, avocado and, if you want, jalapeno peppers. I suppose that for the connoisseur of authentic Mexican fare, La Placita is really nothing special. But even in Mexico, restaurants often serve just so-so fare. It's bodega food, it's reasonably priced, and it's in downtown Allentown. What more do you want?

• Visited November 2012
Pennsylvania
“The real deal, no frills.”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

The food here is an unexpected treat! I have been a regular here for years and found it through word-of-mouth. First of all, they offer discount food to emergency service providers in the city, so you may see an ambulance or police car (or both!) parked out from during lunch or dinner. There is something to be said about a business that shows that kind of appreciation.

I have never eaten in, but they do have seating and as another review mentioned, it is COZY! There are many regulars at lunchtime, so the place may be jammed. You can call ahead for take out, but it may be tricky if you don't know Spanish. It is hit or miss. I have never had a bad burrito from this place. They are the best!! They also have a deli, so you can grab miscellaneous groceries while you are there. We love to cook mexican fare at home also, so that is another bonus for this place.

• Visited January 2011