“Great food + Friendly service”

Lazeez Fresh Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #20 of 494 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Wasn't expecting to find such great food on my day trip to Allentown, but my lunch was fantastic and the staff were all super friendly. I'd go out of my way to end up there again.

1  Thank Jack S

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Friendly service, great food, excellent value. My husband and I both had the beef shawarma. I also tried the spinach pie which is delicious. I haven't had spinach pie this good since I left Pgh. The baklava and namoora are also delicious.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Had falafel, lamb kabob, stuffed grape leaves and an egg plant like hummus (forgot the name) that was amazing!!!! No frills atmosphere and the prices may seem a bit higher but then you eat the food and you realize this is high end home/hand made food. Everything tasted fresh!!! Basically it's was an amazing deal from a cost benefit perspective. The service was super friendly and helpful. They brought us over a taste of dessert. Eating low carb but if I was not I would have ordered multiple dessert. The restaurant is Syrian in origin and if you are familiar they make the most amazing desserts. I will go back soon for a treat and order multiple desserts cause I saw them and they are fantastic and the sample they gave us was indescribably GOOD!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visiting the area, we wanted to try some shawarmas, so based on reviews of Lazeez, we headed here! My wife and teenage son got the chicken shawarma and I got the beef shawarma. We had sides of spinach pie, meat pie, and baba ghanouj plus drinks from the fountain (free refills). First off, the owner greeted us and helped us pick out what he thought we would enjoy. He was extremely friendly and even offered us a 'food-back guarantee' in case we didn't like anything we tried. He would let us exchange what we didn't like for something different on the menu! Wow! He even threw in a free dessert to top things off. We sampled each of the sides and I sampled the chicken shawarma which I thought was better tasting then the beef. Big portions! My wife couldn't finish hers. The spinach and meat pies were okay, but if you aren't used to Mediterranean food they probably won't be your game. I enjoyed the baba ghanouj - good flavor. This is the way shawarma's are made! Comfortable eating area. I'd be back if I lived in the area!

1  Thank HuskerCob
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent food (huge wraps!) with an energetic and friendly owner. The reason the subway is packed next door is that it's half the price but since anything you order at Lazeez is 10x better it is worth the cost for a lunch at Lazeez. Also I think people are generally close minded about lunch outside the "norm", what a shame. Get there early as the place is busy at luch as word must be spreading how good the food is. $23 for two including a chicken shwarma and falafel wrap combo which included 2 drinks, a yummy spinach pie and a salad. Highly recommended, authentic and fresh.