“Truly delicious!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A family-owned Syrian-American restaurant with authentic and tasty food. Atmosphere is generic plastic tables but the food is amazing. Everything is made to order. We tried the grilled veggie wrap and spinach pie, the felafel and the cauliflower/tahini pita. It was all flavorful, piping hot and delicious.

The owner made a point to welcome us as first-time patrons, which we appreciated.

Two notes: Lazeez closes at 7 pm so plan accordingly. Also, try the wonderful date- filled cookies.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Saw the reviews and decided to stop in with my son and daughter since we were in the area. We tried the chicken shawarma and beef shawarma. Had a side of falafel and meat pie. The shawarma were both tasty and I'd recommend them as would my kids. The falafel and meat pie was ok, not my particular favorites but that was just me as the kids seemed to think they were good. Of course the owner provided some free dessert samples which were a hit with the kids too.

As for the restaurant itself, as others have stated, its a small place in a strip mall. It's décor is plain and simple. Your not going to go here for the experience. Although the guy at the front counter is an experience in his own right. Very friendly, very positive and very nice to do business with. He also checks on you regularly after bringing out your food. What the place lacks in personality, he makes up for with his.

Price is on the high side for what you get. Menu seems a bit limited but has enough selection to satisfy all tastes. We'd go back again but we'd skip the sides and stick with the mains.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Knowing that my husband and I would be traveling to Allentown, I selected this restaurant from the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I was very impressed by the friendly gentleman at the counter. I ordered two felafel wraps to go and was served in under 5 minutes with the addition of two small desserts in our bag, "on the house". My husband and I both agreed that it was a very generous portion of the best falafel that we have ever had. I am anxious to return to Allentown and will definitely revisit Lazeez.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I was just driving around, and happened to land right in front of the restaurant. Enthusiastically cheerful service, Great food. It hit the spot, and I'll be back when I can.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Don't be discouraged by Lazeez's unassuming strip mall location or simple decor. The food and service at Lazeez is consistently excellent. We have been dining at Lazeez for three years and each visit leaves us highly satisfied and looking forward to the next. Lamb and chicken kebabs are grilled perfection. Hummus is always smooth, creamy, and full of flavor. Pita is always warm, the shawarma is tasty, and fatoush salad and rice are fresh and delicious accompaniments. We love their food so much, we have had them cater events-- also perfectly executed, with trays of grilled meats hot and ready to go at the appointed time. In sum, Lazeez is more than worth it-- go hungry and leave happy.