“What can I say? We tried it again and...”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Ranked #84 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 2 August 2013

...liked it!

After our last few times at Sunset that were bad experiences, we decided to give it another shot after a few months. What can I say, the pull of Fiesta Night was just too strong! Glad we gave them a chance to redeem themselves, as things seemed back on par with our previous experiences. Had a great dinner, great service. Only giving 4 stars for now, but will review again after a few more visits to confirm that they are back.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pretty standard American and Mexican dishes. I usually get a burger. It was terribly undercooked. Had to sent it back twice. But it was handled professionally and with a smile. When finally done right, it was very good. And, the manager took it off the bill because I was inconvenienced. I didn't expect that, so that was a pleasant surprise. Been going there for years. Will continuye to patronize for casual dining. Better than the franchises.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've enjoyed both lunch and dinners at the Sunset Grille. I wish their outdoor seating was not along such a busy road. There is also a stop light right there so you have people watching you eat. But seating inside is fine. We've always had good service. They have a wide variety of items on their menu. Their wraps are very good and the food comes out hot and tastes fresh.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We used to come to the Sunset Grille regularly and loved it. But there have been problems the last several times we went there for dinner:

*They have managed to get at least one of our orders wrong on every single one of our last few visits, resulting in long waits.

*The wait staff we have had has been SLOW - what was once one of the strengths is now an irritant. It takes forever to get an order in, to get the food, to get the order right, to get the check, and to get payment processed.

*Although management was aware of the problems we have experienced, ther was not even an attempt at an apology or to make tings right.

What was a twice a week habit is not much less frequent. We haven't been back in over a month and aren't sure we will be. There are far too many other options to have to put up with repeated problems that only seemed to get worse with each visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Always has pretty good food and trivia is fun on Monday nights. Whether lunch or dinner time and no matter what I'm in te mood for their menu has something that I'll be hungry for. The outdoor seating is hit or miss in the summer because it's right along a busy road but I'd recommend Sunset to anyone. Only a runner-up to PJ Whelhan's for a bar and grill in my mind