“What happened to the Ritz?”
Review of Ritz Barbecue

Ritz Barbecue
Ranked #51 of 462 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“What happened to the Ritz?”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter and I went to the Ritz about 1 month ago for our favorite cheesesteaks and dusty roads. Dusty roads were good, however, the cheesesteaks were not up to par. On Sat., 6/21, we stopped by again. This time we ordered food at the walk-up window. We ordered ham BBQ's which were o.k. Ordered to go and it was smashed and wrapped in foil. Foam container would have been a better choice than foil. Then, we stopped back for dusty roads at the end of the day. We ordered large sundaes. With the ice cream and whipped cream, it only reached the half way mark on the cup. We are really disappointed in what had been one of our favorite stops for a treat. What happened to the Ritz we used to love? Is it that the person overseeing the employees is not there any longer? Are the employees not being trained as well? We spent $11. for two sundaes that weren't good. I should have complained then and there, but hate to raise a ruckus. Was hoping that they had a website so that I could bring it to their attention, but...

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kathy N

Bath, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food at awesome prices”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I went for a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. They were really tasty. I finished off my meal with some graham slam ice cream. It was one heckuva meal that was brought back to me after 3 years.

Visited December 2013
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Rude service”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Took some handicapped seniors for lunch.
Server incredibly rude. Said "we don't have room for these people!" Two were in wheel chairs. Will NEVER return.

Northampton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yum”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

food was great..ice cream was a great topper. good place to stop after shopping or visit to doctor. this was the only place that has maple walnut ice cream, which I love. The stake samdwiches were done just right.. I do woish there would have been more cheese on the steak samdwich though.

Visited May 2013
NJ
“Local flavor and charm!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is kind of off the beaten path because you cannot see it from the main road unless you are really looking for it. It's adjacent to the Allentown Fairgrounds. We are not local to the area, and only found out about it at the Wheels of America Museum nearby. Excellent choice though. It's really homey and definitely not fancy. You are made to feel very comfortable and the waitress was so nice. She explained the items on the menu such as what potato filling is ( apparently, it's a Pa. dish). A group of wonderful women sitting behind us told us that the raisin crumb pie we ordered was a "funeral pie specialty" in the area. Well, anyway, it was all delicious. Everyone looked very pleased with their food. Save room for the ice cream. And your wallet will also have $$ left over to spare, which is always nice.

• Visited May 2013