“Disappointed in Customer Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chris's Family Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed in Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have eaten at this local restaurant plenty of times. This morning, however is the LAST. I met my mom there for breakfast (we do this once a month - first time here) and we were rushed and treated with bad attitudes. We were rushed when we first got there and then forgotten about when we both wanted some more coffee/tea. I have never in my life had to go up to the wait staff and ask for more coffee. They were just sitting around talking amongst themselves. It wasn't busy at that time. We were there for 2 hours (we make it well worth their time - we tip like we are 2 or 3 tables, we fully understand it is unfair to them to lose tables) - still open tables in the same server's space - and were given attitude again for sitting there so long. Well, when we were asked "how was everything", my mom told them the food was great but the service and attitude was horrible. They actually could have cared less about us. They sided with the attitude of the waitresses. IN fact, the manager suggested we should have gotten up from our table and moved somewhere else (we had already eaten and were just talking, BUT he then wanted us to take up someone's table without ordering. Hmmm...makes no sense!) I, myself, have a retail store and if my staff ever treated someone like they treated us this morning, they would be gone!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lizzie3900

Coon Rapids, MN
“Great Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Excellent food and large variety. Very good service. Nice to have a local restaurant rather than a chain.

Visited March 2014
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Good restaurnat with 1 issue.............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Barb and I looked online at their menu, and since we had our 3 grand daughters with us, it was a perfect choice. I will explain that later.

With the three young girls, from 3 to 6 years of age, we arrived at 5:30 p.m. Saturday evening.
We were greeted inside, and told them we had a party of 5. They looked at the girls, and walked us over to one of the corner booths. A quite large booth.............3 girls in the middle and the grandparents at the ends.
The restaurant was about half full, and all of the tables we came across were clean and well set, with no dirt on the floor..

The prices are what you would expect at most restaurants, with many options under the $10 range. Most meals come with a soup or salad, and one side...but you need to look at the menu or ask what you get with your meal.
We ordered 2 appetizers, onion rings and mozzarella sticks to start it off. Our soda's were brought over, and we placed our main meal orders.

My starter salad (instead of the soup) was on a good sized plate, moist and fresh, with a container of dressing to go with it.
I ordered the Chicken Stir Fry, (at around $12), which was also large sized.
The chicken was one of the best tasting chickens that I had in a very long time. At other places, it usually tastes like cardboard, overcooked, or has no taste at all.

Not only did the chicken taste great, the variety of veggies in the stir fry made this one of the better ones I have had.

The prize I was talking about, was the kids meals. Ham and Cheese grilled sandwich with french fries, a small soda, and Ice Cream for desert. Spaghetti and Meatball with french fries, a small soda and ice cream. A burger with pickles, french fries, a small soda and ice cream. Each one of those kids meals cost $4.95. Not only a great deal, but the quality was also good.

The waitress was happy, smiling, and on her own brought over extra napkins for the girls.

Now, the only issue we had is that the appetizers arrived after we were served our main course.
My feelings on this grand daughter outing? I absolutely enjoyed it.
Barb, on the other hand had to conduct 2 safari trips to the bathroom.

Food quality, quantity, and overall presentation was given an "A"
Place was clean and organized.
Kids meals a great value, and the waitress was happy and attentive.

We will be going back again.
We hope that your dinner is as good as ours.

jerryandbarb8

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Breakfast with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Getting together with friends to exchange Christmas gifts. I had pancakes. The serving was good, also had coffee. Service was good, friendly waitress. My friends had different platters, all with no complaints. Enjoyed the get together.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank B B
Schnecksville
“BEST BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Chris's Family Restaurant has excellent breakfasts. my favorite are the pecan pancakes, but the apple pancakes are second. There are many other choices, love them all.

• Visited February 2014