“Beautiful decor”
Review of Robata of Tokyo - CLOSED

Robata of Tokyo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Robata of Tokyo is Allentown's original, authentic and premiere Japanese restaurant for the last 25 years. Robata has uniquely combined traditional Japanese elements with Western cuisine to create a perfect fusion of culture for your dining pleasure. Enjoy our traditional Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura, Sukiyaki, Teriyaki, Udon and Soba. Bring your family and friends to Hibachi table. Our Hibachi chefs will entertain you with a good show and food.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Robata has a romantic, authentic, and welcoming decor that someone clearly has put thought into. The food was fine but because we were in a hurry didn't have time to have the sushi we really wanted. I give this restaurant five stars because Allentown in general has a bedraggled appearance but this place has done well given the old (but safe) surroundings.

1  Thank Larry D

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. Chef was a lot of fun. Service was very good. Lots of choices. We did hibachi. Going back to try sushi bar.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Ranked 3rd currently on Trip Advisor for Allentown, but as to my visit, would NOT return !
5-10 minute wait before waitress came to our table . She apologized for the delay. I told her we were there based on Trip Advisor reviews Overall service was VERY SLOW. i think they only had 2 servers working for the entire restaurant. Both my wife and i ordered Hibachi dinners but not with the chef doing it tableside. I ordered their Dumpling Soup which came after the Hibachi soup, salads and main course. I ordered Shrimp and Chicken. Shrimp was good, Chicken was room temperature at best , dry and hard! Wife tried my chicken too and agreed it was either old or had been left on grill way too long. Her Shrimp dinner was also fine. Veggies for done okay too. At a nearby Hibachi table , there were several people waiting for the Hibachi dinner with the chef, by the time we left 1 1/2 hrs later they were still waiting for the chef... Bad night? Got the feeling the ship doesnt have a captain maintaining quality and service. I do not usually say this but for Hibachi , look elsewhere.

1  Thank pghsteve
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We ate here one night when spending a long weekend at Bear Creek Mountain. They cook dinner on the grill at your table, and the chefs are entertaining. Surprisingly good sushi, as well. We had a very large group, and noisy children, and the restaurant was incredibly accommodating. I would eat here again if I came through Allentown!

1  Thank WashingtonType
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

This is a diamond in the rough. We almost turned away based on the outside, but we were lured in by the good reviews from Tripadvisor. We sat on the sushi side of the restaurant as opposed to the hibachi side, which seemed lively/rowdy. We were so awed by the selection of 'home style' dishes and sushi and ordered way too much food and everything was delicious: sukiyaki, ribs, yellowtail collar, sashimi platter, sushi appetizer and pan-fried noodles. All diners get a nice complimentary starter (Japanese amuse buche???) of cucumbers and imitation crab in a ponzu sauce. I am glad we ate here and would go back again if in the area.

1  Thank A G