“good for pets & owners”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
marco island,fl
“good for pets & owners”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at the Sataybridge Suites Allentown West over Christmas. the employees were friendly, especially the lady who prepared the breakfast. She dressed as Mrs. Claus and other characters and was just as sweet as can be. The breakfast food was good and varies daily. The Fresh fruit was delicious even in the dead of winter. Everything was tidy and clean. Our 2 bedroom suite was perfect for my husband and myself and our 2 puppies. The exit and doggie walk area was just a few doors away from our room. We will stay there again. We didn't use the pool or exercise equipment.

Room Tip: first floor for pets is the best
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank marcogirl321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Whenever we are in the area, we always try and book at this hotel. It's relatively new, clean, good value for the money, nice variety on the breakfast, good sized exercise room, and location is good (close to the highway, grocery, gas station and restaurant (diner and Boston's). Very comfortable stay, esp. if you are travelling with family. My only complaint was that the towels were a little small.

Room Tip: We've always stayed on the 1st floor for convenience since we are traveling with a small kid.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank momofbuzz
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We spent 3 nights and it was almost perfect for our needs. We were spending 3 days with our grandson, with plans in the area to do fun things with him. The hotel was a great location for the amusement park, zoo and places to eat.
It was very clean,breakfast good, and the indoor pool and hot tub, a major plus.
They do need to upgrade on flooring as it was loud from above at times. Thank you Mike and the rest of the staff, keep up the good work and smile.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank havingfuntraveling
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Allentown West, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay, we love to pass on positive feedback when our staff does a great job!
Haworth, NJ
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We had never stayed in a Staybridge (which is an affiliate of Holiday Inn) before but had liked staying in competing suite-type chains such as Residence Inn (Marriott) and Homewood Suites (Hilton). We were pleasantly surprised to find Staybridge to be at least on a par with the others.

We chose a two-bedroom suite because the price differential wasn't that great and it allowed my wife and me some piece and quiet. Our two boys slept in one bedroom with double beds and we slept in the other with a king bed. Each bedroom had a bath and television. In between, there was a living room/kitchen with a third television. The suite was spacious, clean and very nice. One minor compromise: old fashioned televisions instead of flat-screen HD.

Other hotel amenities included a nice exercise room, indoor pool that was bigger than I have seen in some other chains, basketball hoop outside, and coin-operated laundry. They also offered a hot complimentary breakfast better than some others I have had elsewhere: ham and eggs, oatmeal, and waffles. They also offer comlimentary food in the evening on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, but we arrived too late to sample.

Note that there is another Staybridge at the Allentown Airport but this one is more convenient to I-78 and apparently a bit less expensive. It is in a cluster of hotels on the west side of Allentown. If you are traveling west in this area, there isn't much available after this hotel cluster until you reach Hershey/Harrisburg. Pretty much just a Motel 8 in Kutztown and a Microtel in Hamburg and a few independents.

All-in-all, this Staybridge was just what we needed and we plan on trying the chain again when it fits our travel plans.

Room Tip: TwoBedroom Suites weren't that much more than one bedroom suites. Check both options.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dad-With-Two-Kids
london
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was the first time I tried this hotel and a Staybridge having always used the Holiday Inn across the road before. Definitely a big step up from the Holiday Inn. Rooms are clean, bright and well equipped with a kitchenette area. Staff were friendly and professional. Breakfast is included and is basic but adequate. Each weekday evening they have a mini free buffet - food was not much to write home about but free beer (and soft drinks) on tap! Next door is a Bostons which give 10% discount upon presentation of room key.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark S
Xiamen, China
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Having not stayed in a "suite" before, I was very pleased with the layout and features in the suites here. I don't have a basis for comparision when it comes to suites though.

Everything was clean, organized, and well stocked for sleeping and eating in the room. The layout was nice, especially having separation between the sleeper couch and the bedroom (I was staying with friends, and it was nice for all of us to get a good sleep). The 'living' area was great for some games and conversation with friends, but it was tight by the TV when the sleeper was pulled out.

Breakfast was fine. Waffles, cereals, fruits, and more. The lobby and exterior area were pleasant to be in as well, although I didn't more than glance outside because of the weather.

I was happy with it for the price. I'd definitely consider it again, depending on what I needed during a particular trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank hope42morrow
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Based on reviews for this hotel, I was expecting something a little nicer than the average Holiday Inn with the added bonus of a kitchenette in every room. And at first glance , that's exactly what it seemed like. Larger than average rooms with a sofa, desk, and very decent kitchenette with everything you need to cook (except for a nonstick pan). Plus there is a dishwasher and a toaster which is a nice bonus. Although the rooms are nice and more spacious than usual, this hotel has some major issues, most of which can be attributed to extremely poor management. My first indication that things were not right was in the fitness room. Almost none of the machines work, and the only one that did made a loud clunking noise when you used it. So the fitness room is basically unusable. To me, if you advertise a fitness room for your hotel, it should be in working order or at least in somewhat decent condition that can be used. This was not the case at all and was a big disappointment. Next was the hotel staff. They were very young and inexperienced and clearly did not like their jobs. It was as if they were operating in a state of fear, completely oblivious to what was going on around them yet terrified of making any procedural mistakes. Even more disconcerting, was the performance of the housekeeping staff. One day they did not clean my room at all, and another day they had left my door wide open all day long until I came home after eight o'clock at night. Let me tell you, that was shocking. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. Luckily none of my stuff got stolen.Lastly, the free breakfast is a good example of the old saying "you get what you pay for". Granted, it's free, but I would not feed this food to my dog, let alone eat it myself. The only redeeming aspect of the breakfast is the fruit (bananas and apples). Everything else looks and tastes like it was cut out of a cardboard box. So don't plan on this being one of your "free" meals. All in all, it's really not such a bad hotel if you only consider the room itself, however due to the poor management and the general culture of apathy and neglect, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone staying more than one or two days. Hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2011