Staybridge Suites Allentown West
  • Restaurant
US$74
US$137
US$121
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport(Allentown)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Red Roof
US$69
Priceline
All reviewsallentown westwaffleslaundry basketgreat place for an extended staybedroom suitebasketball courtmodern furnishingsthe wifi worked greatchocolate milkindoor pooldorney parkfresh fruitfitness roomkutztown universityfull kitchensitting arealarge fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here for three days on a business trip. I actually changed a reservation from a competitor's hotel that is closer to my business location to Staybridge - West Allentown. I was glad I did. I'm very particular about where I lay my head and few hotels make the cut. I always read reviews and take them seriously. Reviewers are generally honest (no need to lie). Here's the deal - the hotel is quite nice, the breakfast choices are wonderful, rooms are clean, staff is friendly....slight negatives...beds are small, decor could be update a bit, there were no outlets by the night stands (at least in my room layout) and there was 'stale smell' from the air conditioning unit when you turned it on. However, none of that would deter me from staying here again. I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank GDL63MD
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Allentown West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We are so happy that you chose the Staybridge Suites Allentown West out of all of the hotels in the Allentown area. We take every review to heart in order to improve in areas we may be lacking. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit back to Allentown. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were spending the weekend at Allentown for the fair and for my birthday. We a arrived Friday night at 10pm. We booked a studio- it had a kitchen- complete with a dishwasher, refrigerator, dishes, glasses, pots and pants. There was popcorn to make as well as coffee and tea. There was a small desk area, and living room area. The bed was spacious and I loved that the tv could be angled from the couch area to the bedroom area. Plenty of storage and bathroom space. The free breakfast was great! We used the pool and hot tub one night- the guests that were in the pool area were a little loud but its vacation. The staff was very friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle C
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Allentown West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and my team and I appreciate you choosing the Staybridge Suites Allentown West. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy some time at the pool - it's a popular place in the summer. It's always nice to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Hope you had a great birthday.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to Macungie Memorial Park and we were going there for a few days at the August Fest. We got a one bedroom suite because there were three of us and everyone wanted their own bed. The bedroom had two doubles and the living room sofa pulled out.

The beds were comfy and the sofa bed was okay once you got situated, I'm the youngest so I used it and there was a bar that had to be avoided but other than that it was okay. There were televisions in each room.

The bathroom was a good size and the water was hot. The cleaning staff only does what they call "light cleaning" during our stay and we had to request it on Saturday. It included making the bed and emptying the trash and replacing towels but they didn't clean clean if you know what I mean which might be a problem if you are traveling with kids or messy adults.

We used the in room kitchen to make dinners and it worked out well. There was a full fridge, microwave, dishwasher and a two burner stove top. There was plenty of counter space and pots and pans and plates and glasses and silverware were provided for four people. We used the outdoor grills(which were dirty until we burned all the gunk off them) to make some very nice steaks one night and we had mashed potatos (byo masher I had to use a glass) and spinach. The next night we had hamburgers and the next spaghetti and meatballs so it worked out very nicely.

The breakfast buffet was very nice with fresh cut up fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausages and French toast and also cereal, bagels, oatmeal, and yogurts. It was a nice variety and there was plenty of room to move around so you didn't feelike you were always waiting for someone to move out of the way so you could reach something.

The hotel did have a pool but I was too tired to use it after a day of walking around the park. The fridge had a built in ice maker which made plenty of ice for our cooler. It also had a nice patio out back where we could hang out and talk and several computers in the business center for checking e-mail and whatnot. The staff was very friendly and informative when we checked in. There are also two restaurants within walking distance and a Wawa about a block away for gas.

We had a room at the back of the hotel where we could park our old cars out of the way and still see them from the window. It was very nice.

I really liked this hotel and am thinking about staying here again next time we come up for the Fest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the back, you are away from the road traffic then.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurel_Lye13
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Allentown West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate you choosing the Staybridge Suites Allentown West. It sounds like you were able to experience much of what our hotel has to offer. It's always nice when a guest comments on our spacious suites, as we feel we offer something a cut above the standard hotel room. Glad our accommodations and service met your needs.

Thank you for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed one night in mid August en route to amusement parks across the country. The room was spotless, the hotel was quiet and very comfortable. The indoor pool was fun for all and the kids enjoyed playing basketball on the outdoor court. The breakfast was very good and everyone left more than satisfied. Hotel staff was friendly and attentive. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sisterbern
Staybridge327, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Allentown West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Staybridge Suites Allentown West. Our professional and friendly team is committed to making our guest's stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our devoted staff and quality accommodations. It was great to hear you enjoyed our amenitites of the pool and sports court. We look forward to accomodating you again when in the Allentown area. Your amusement park quest sounds fun and exciting!! Happy riding

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here on July 6th for just one night after going to the Kutztown festival. We got there about an hour before checkin and they had a ready room for us. Room was plenty big enough and for being full it was quiet. It was nice
having a kitchen area especially with kids. Pool was nice however neighboring hotels had access to pool and it in not a huge area. Breakfast in AM was a perfect start to the day.

• Stayed: July 2013