“Manager has poop people skills, will not return”
Review of Paddock

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paddock
Ranked #302 of 462 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Lehigh Valley, Pa
“Manager has poop people skills, will not return”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After going to the Paddock for many years, last night was our last time. New management has ruined this place. The service has been slow and we had a few issues with the food in the recent past (i.e. under cooked French fries) but we continued to go because it was mostly nothing major. Last night my wife ordered soup and after tasting it she did not like it due to it was way too much pepper. We told our server about the soup and my wife said she would like something else. The server said we have to pay for the soup because she tasted it. We couldn't believe it. She gave us a hard time and finally went to talk to the manager. She came back and said they will deduct the soup but continued to hassle us about it. The manager then came over, a woman manager who also had an attitude about this. She said to us this is a business and we can't do this. I said what kind of business has this kind of attitude? She said the server told her she had served us before and we were hard to please. What??? Did she really just say that to us? No we are not hard to please but if there is a problem with the food like under cooked French fries we are going to say something. The manager really upset us with her attitude. She needs to learn better people skills. This is not the way good food places treat their customers. Other similar comments left here only back up the fact that poor management, poor people skills and issues with the food seem to be common complaints. Too bad, used to be a nice to go. We will not return to the Paddock anymore.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank PaJustrelax

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Food was terrible. Serve was very slow and server kept disappearing. They said that place had been newly updated, but the leather looking seats all had tears and rips. This is more of a man's drinking TV sports place. We only ordered food, and it was not worth our money or time. Everyone is our group will not be going back. Sorry.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Helen S
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
“Waiter not to be found”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The waitresses seem to be very competent. However, one waiter (young cocky kid) last night took 45 minutes to give me my cheesesteak only to receive it without cheese and no toppings. He gave me no apology and was incensed that I complained that my party was finished eating before I had even started to eat. I asked to speak with the manager and the manager walked away before I even finished explaining why I needed to talk to him. Also, the French onion soup was a bowl of SALT. I long for the days of the old Paddock...

• Visited September 2013
6 Thank 263bjr
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“New owners need customer srevice training”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I walk to the paddock almost every wing night last night would be the last. I had the worst experience in the 5 years going there. The so call manager was so rude..i complained about not getting my fries that i ordered with my sandwich,because they came out after i had already eaten the sandwich. I mention to the waitress to see if i can get credit for them since i was full and didn't get to eat them for my meal, and if i can have them boxed.Waitress said if we give you credit you can't take them home..I had to think about this one for a minute and then i asked to speaked to the Manager. Her body movement set it all her attitude was very very bad for a manager.I did start my coversation with a positive note stating that i'm a local person that has been comimg for years. she didn't care she stated that the fries were out in only a couple of minutes that she was back there when they came out. I'm not a complainer but i told her she will lose customers just because of her attitude and poor customer service. I was going to call the Owner but from the pervious review posted they seem to be to peas in a pod. I'll pass this word around.

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank MyMoneyigettosay
Schnecksvill, PA
“Not impressed with the food.”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant today. We were not impressed with the food at all.
I had Chicken Francese. The sauce was disgusting. The plate had to have close to a quarter inch of melted butter on it. The noodles were just swimming in butter. You couldn't taste any lemon which is supposed to be in the sauce. The chicken was rubbery and hard to cut. They brought me a steak knife to cut it!
My husband got a Cheese Steak, the meat had no taste. And instead of french fries, the just threw some potato chips on the side of the plate. This place needs to maybe consider upgrading the chef. They are starting to update the building, they need to do the same with their food. We won't be going back to this restaurant and we won't recommend it to anyone.

• Visited April 2013