“An underappreciated patron”
Review of Grille 3501

Grille 3501
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 3501 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 473 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its "sophisticated yet unpretentious" atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our warm hospitality and attentive service will make your every visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. The Loft at 3501, a new addition to the Valley's favorite restaurant, provides guests with a unique dining experience in the West End by offering patio and open-air dining along with the same great award-winning menu favorites. Owners John Trapani and Chef John Pukanecz invite you to join them for your next truly remarkable meal or private party.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We dined here for the first time on a Saturday evening with reservations for 2. We were seated at a small table against a wall without delay. The volume of waitstaff closely passing our table at top speed suggested that we were on a highway. Large plastic dishwasher trays of glassware were carried by within inches of our food, one brushing my shoulder. Two grungy looking 5-gallon-buckets of ice went by as the floor shook with the footfalls of the burdened waiter. The frenzied location was near a corner and apparently a direct line between two "stations". Waitstaff flew by with such speed my hair was blown. My table was in their way and this made me feel extremely underappreciated as a patron. I suspect our table was one that came out of the closet just for Saturday evening's rush, when normally this path would have been wide open for the scads of foot traffic. The large waitstaff needed room to maneuver and our table was an obstacle.

Our waiter, on the other hand, was a gem with an engaging personality and greatly appreciated. The quality of the food was good. Prices were high. The raucous, cafeteria atmosphere and slovenly dress of other patrons did not seem to support the reputation of the establishment.

I relayed my displeasure about the poor location of our table to the hostess on our way out. Her pasted smile and vacuous expression suggested my remarks would not be passed on to anyone above her. Dinner for two WITHOUT any alcohol was $95.

2  Thank B S

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our group of five was seated after a few minutes wait. We had two different martinis, a bottle of wine and another drink between us. Martinis were tasty and the bottle of red wine was excellent. We shared several appetizers-the beef carpaccio and the crab & mago spring rolls. My husband had the crab and lobster bisque. We all had different entrees-duck, spicy seared rare tuna, filet mignon, mahi mahi (a special) and grilled sea bass. The only complaint I have about the entree is that everything is in one stack which, I guess is something new in presentation so the yam puree and haricot verts tasted like the sea bass. My husband commented that there was nothing left because the portions weren't very big. He's very particular about his steak and he spoke to the server about the temperature. She recommended medium rare and he felt he should have asked for rare. He felt the filet was not very big, therefore overcooked somewhat. The portion sizes were plenty for the 3 women but maybe not adequate for 200 lb. men. All the food was excellent quality and the flavors were wonderful. Our server was attentive and could answer our menu questions.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were a party of 5, we had salad, Calamari to start, followed by Hebi x 2, Lamb Tenderloin ,Filet and Scallops. All were excellent. The restaurant was very busy but we were served in a very timely manner, No complaints other than a couple of noisy tables. We had a great experience and will go back again and again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The food at Grille 3501 is excellent. I went here recently for a business dinner for 13 people. I started with a Fall special drink, a pumpkin spiced martini. So good. All of the courses were delicious and well sized plates. My appetizer and salad were very tasty. My main meal,the pork tenderloin was moist and very flavorful. The service was outstanding. For a large party you might expect something to fall through the cracks. It did not.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had heard so many people say how great this place was. We finally got a chance to try it. We went with a group of 8. We were seated in an area that was closed off from the main room and I guess that was a good thing given the noise level in the place. I made a reservation well in advance and I requested a partticular server because I knew she was good and that she would have no problem handling our group with their dietary questions. When we arrived the hostess at the desk was rude. Then we found out that we would not be getting the server we requested. Instead the one we got had to be the worst one they had. She came and introduced herself, then disapeared for at least 10 minutes. When she returned she was ready to take our orders. We suggested that we might have a drink first. She had forgoten that step. It just went from bad to worse. Drink orders were messed up and we ae prety much a scotch on the rocks and white wine group. 6 people ordered the same entree, which was a fish dish and when the food came everyone was asking what did you order, only to find out what they had was suppose to be the same thing. I don't remember my entree. I did have a salad that was excellent, but not I still would not go back. Huge dissapointment!!!!!!