“Look out cholesterol”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Decided to try this establishment based on the positive reviews. We went without a reservation on a Tuesday night and barely got a table. The soft shell crab app was delicious. I ordered the special Grouper with crabmeat topping. The fish was excellent once I drained the gallon of butter off it--it didn't need any. Otherwise, delightful experience. Nothing great but better than most. A bit pricier than I expected for the quality and atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have eaten at Henry's several times over the last year. It is one of the best restaurants in Allentown. The building and decor is outdated but the food is great! I usually get the lump crabmeat with veal and it is top notch. For those that remember going out to nice restaurants and being able to go to a salad bar, you are in luck. Henry's has one and is one of the few restaurants that I have been to recently that still has one.

I highly recommend Henry's if you are looking for great food at a decent price in Allentown,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

From an outside perspective, you might wonder is this a restaurant? It is not only a restaurant, but a very good one. The food preparation is right out in the open and everything is fresh! The service was very professional and most helpful since this was our first visit. I had the soft shell crab and it was perfect. The green beans were also wonderful. The emphasis is definitely on the quality of the food.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have had back to back meals at Henry's that merit an enthusiastic endorsement. Not a fancy spot, but fancy enough to enjoy a special occasion--and the food is fresh and prepared so well you'll be offering each other tastes. They fill up every night--or so it seems--so reservations are a must. Great service, hometown ambience and very clean. There is a small bar... and it's a friendly one!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Yes, it was raining cats and dogs on this mid-week night as we stopped to have dinner. Turned out to be a great move as we no sooner sat down, that the waitress stopped by and attended to our needs, she brought our drinks and took our order. My wife decided on the Broiled Filet of Haddock and I, the Chicken Parmesan. Both plates arrived after a respectable wait and the presentation of both platters was well done and ample. She mentioned that the Haddock was above average tasting and I was more that satisfied with my Chicken Parmesan. We both left Henry's well contented even though it was still a night for ducks. Since this wasn't our first time dining here ____ it was as it always is, a great choice on a rainy night in Allentown.

1  Thank Casualty