“Wings and Pub Fare”

Ranked #69 of 471 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Opened over two decades ago, PJ's Allentown was the first in our friendly neighborhood Pub family. Pull up a stool at the bar, order a draft beer, a basket of our famous buffalo wings and experience why we continue to win "Best of the Lehigh Valley" awards. We offer a well rounded lunch and dinner menu including limited time seasonal items, rotating cocktail specials and over 18 beers on tap. Check out what's on the menu today.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice in-between stop from NY/NJ to Hershey Park. Wings are as advertised, nice friendly staff. No issues with younger family members. Nice selection of draft beers. Perfect little stop while traveling.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We took some customers here for a business meeting and it was the perfect location even though it at times was a bit noisy. The crab cake sandwich I had was spot on, and the fries tasty as can be. I saw some good beers on tap, but business hours I was on preventing my enjoying one of them. The others with us enjoyed what they picked for a meal, and overall the price was well in line with lunch at a decent restaurant. I certainly would mark this one in my book for a return visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Had the chicken sandwich. The chicken patty was a decent size but the role was so large the chicken couldn't even been found without taking several bites into it. Good flavor though. Had the mild sauce. Also the pjs fries are amazing! Seemed like all the other people at the bar were regulars which kind of made my husband and I feel like we were intruding.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

PJ's has delicious wings and several varieties to choose from. It's a pub atmosphere and can get a little loud when there is a big game on the tvs but all in all a great atmosphere. I've enjoyed soup, chili and sandwiches there and everything was tasty. It's a fun place to gather with friends!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Words can't even begin to describe how I feel about this place.

A tiny bar and a lot of people combined with abysmally slow service is a recipe for disaster. And oh, it was a hot mess.

First, we were stuck at a high-top table at the bar, where I couldn't even sit down, thanks to the polite gentlemen behind me. After what felt like forever, my man and I snagged two seats at the bar, where our drinks remained empty for a while. Still, the quality of service increased a bit. The food wasn't anything to write home about - dry boneless wings with a not-so-hot hot sauce, and an average quesadilla.

I can't say we'll ever go back - there are better "sports bar" options with better service and better food. But man, was it an experience.