“YUMMY!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We live in the Allentown area quite close to Grumpy's and have been there many, many times. It has a hometown feel to it - there are definitely regulars at the bar, but it is still kid friendly - especially the back room. The food is amazing, never had anything bad there - but for me the best is the pulled pork sandwich and then I get a side of coleslaw and put it in the sandwich with some of their yummy BBQ sauce.... YUMMY!

1  Thank Betsy D

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Grumpy's from the outside is not a lot to look at which may be why it has remained a bit of a local gem; however, after many years in business and presence through their portable smokers at local events it is not as quiet a place as once was. There food quality, quantity and price point is hard to beat albeit service a tad surly once awhile (usually when busy) yet always sincere. I have read some quips on pricing, yet authentic slow cooked and smoke meat comes with a price, this flavor is not from a bottle. One of my favorites in the area. Also check out Riverwalk in Parryville for other very solid BBQ and atmosphere to match, outdoor seating and a livelier bar scene.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Recently had dinner here with husband and friends. Have learned an important lesson...stick with the basics if you want value for your money. My salmon crab cakes tasted fine, but the potato pancakes were the worst I've ever had. Greasy, over-cooked... Had a lot of potato pancakes in my life...these didn't even taste like potatoes! Asparagus...so average...and undercooked. Worst surprise, however, was that the meal cost $25.

I will probably go back...but I'll get a sandwich or an appetizer. The value just isn't there if you order a SPECIAL.

2  Thank DMC309
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped here on a Saturday. Love some BBQ- especially ribs.
This place has a decent bar and some tables as well. Good beer selection.
I ordered the pork belly appy which was excellent. Then the fried pickles which were great.
I had the half rack of ribs with slaw and collards.
The ribs were a little tough. Not sure why. I was really craving fall off the bone ribs. The flavor was good but I just couldn't get over the toughness. I'll try something different next time.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Ok...food was OK...no doubt about it....but when the bill came I almost fell off the chair...this is a BBQ joint...I've been here before. Got specials tonight for myself and wife. Should have asked but each one was $25. And beers were not cheap. What happened after last visit? Did the place get swanky? It looked the same and the meals were the same...about as good as diner food....the wife even complained that her potatoes were overdone....the beer was your basic beer!! Just cost too much! Not going back at these prices. I'll cook in the back yard.

3  Thank Chuckfrombath