“Nice Choice for a meal”

Morgan's
Ranked #23 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sloatsburg, New York
“Nice Choice for a meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped by with friends on our way back to NY. They live in the vicinity and made the suggestion. For the extent of the menu I felt it was a bit pricey. The food was tasty but not outstanding. The service was pleasant as we had arrived late on a weekday and they smiled during the meal as they served all of us. I would recommend this establishment and hopefully will be there to taste their offerings again.

• Visited March 2014

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A VERY nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was here for a 50th anniversary celebration and was quite surprised at the quality of the food--not your typical local fare. There were 14 of us, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their food.
Several people had the soup of the day, creamy tomato. It had chunks of tomato in it, was very think and creamy rich. I had two appetizers as my main course. One was a crab cake: big pieces of crab and a lemon sauce that had just the right amount of tang, yet not overpowering the flavor of the crab. The other was a brie quesadilla. Oh, my heavens! Exquisite flavors and a very unusual combination. Most people ordered the seafood au gratin and were quite pleased.
There was a good attention to detail with the bread being served warm, even on refills, and the waitress kept our water glasses full and checked if we wanted refills on our soft drinks.
Local people should be forewarned: the portions are smaller that locals like; however, for the richness of the food, they are an appropriate size.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lindaannie2
“Great food, good service and nice ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Morgan's. This old stone building is cozy and inviting. Our server was very attentive and the menu offered a nice variety (though not overwhelming with too many options). I ordered the filet mignon and requested the portobello mushrooms and gorgonzola cheese sauce that was listed on the menu with the NY strip steak. The meat was cooked perfectly and the flavors were delicious! This was possibly the best beef I have ever had at a restaurant. My husband ordered the chicken with crab ravioli. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the brown rosemary butter sauce was delicious. We would definitely recommend Morgan's.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LVTravelbug80
Riverview, Florida
“A very nice evening, with special food, and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We took my sister and her husband out to one of their favorite restaurants in appreciation of their driving us all over the central Pennsylvania area. The food was varied, very tasty, and was served in good quantities. Wish we had been able to go for breakfast instead of dinner!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Larry B
Quarante, France
“Okay is Okay Once or Twice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Morgan's is a favorite of my brother and his wife, so when they're in town and it's their turn to pick a place to eat, we're as like as not to end up there. It's OK, I guess. Nothing too special. Nothing to complain about. Nothing to rave about. That's OK, I guess. And the prices aren't out of line. You get what you pay for. That's OK, I guess. Get the picture?

Visited April 2013