“Beware of Coupons”

Add it.
Parkland Restaurant
Ranked #251 of 467 Restaurants in Allentown
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have eaten at the Parkland many times, usually for lunch. Usually order sandwich or panini off Sat. Special menu & use the 10 or 20% off coupons from the clipper magazine. Tonight had dinner & ordered from the daily special menu. At checkout, we were told that we couldn't use the coupon because we ordered from the specials. We questioned & were told that it has always been like that. Coupon states cannot be used on "other offers, senior specials or Holidays". We were told that "other offers" covered daily specials. (BTW, Specials at most diners are the same price on regular menu, but they don't have their menu online so I couldn't confirm.) Also funny that we've used the coupons before on specials. Frankly, the food is just average & there are too many other great diners in the area that actually HONOR their coupons to be bothered going there. People who work/own place used to be so nice, but not anymore.

1  Thank Ralph1950

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I wish I could give a negative rating on this place. I was just there with my family after we had my pop pops funeral and they charged us for 45 people and 18% gratuity. We had AT MOST 30 family members there and it was a self serve with mediocre cold sandwiches so the gratuity should have been in the 8-10 percentile. My now widowed grandmother, who barely had two pennies to rub together, had to pay almost $600 for shotty food and shotty food service. This place is a rip off and they will never get a penny of mine. Another reason today is a horrible day, thanks money grubbers.

1  Thank ChristieLRing1995
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Terrible treatment at this diner. Ordered 2 Cinnamon French Toast and got 3 instead. Waitress said I would be only charged for 2. Ate 3 bites and sent it back to kitchen because it had so cloying with too much cinnamon, I couldn't eat it. I requested white toast instead which I received. When the waitress brought the bill, she explained that she had to charge me for the French Toast because I had eaten some of it. Not only was I charged for the French Toast but I was also charged for the white toast. The hostess asked if I was pleased with the meal. I told her what I thought of the charge for the French Toast which I couldn't and didn't eat and the extra charge for the toast. She said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. Neither my husband or I will ever return.

1  Thank mischiefd
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The restaurant is cozy and conveniently located off a main roadway: Route 22. It's a diner setting, often graced by an older crowd and people who have lived in Allentown for some time. Prices are reasonable and workers are accommodating.

During the holidays, Santa and the Easter Bunny stop by !!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Parkland was voted The Best Breakfast and we can see why! The Pumpkin Pancakes are absolutely FABULOUS~ say yes to cinnamon on top!! just to enhance the already great light cakes...butter/syrup are added bonuses but I could eat them without anything else... They have a nice variety of breakfast foods as well as so much more.. all tasty and delicious with great servers and cashier that can't do enough to make your visit enjoyable. No wonder lots and lots of regulars make The Parkland their go-to-place for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Will definitely eat there again and again.