“worst customer service EVER! there were 4 ppl.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Parkland Restaurant
Ranked #247 of 462 Restaurants in Allentown
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst customer service EVER! there were 4 ppl.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times, but no more. the waitress said they had chocolate cake on special!! simple-I would like choc. cake. My friend ordered 2 for take out. Great! brings cake...was white cake with choc pudding filling. i said this is not choc.cake. apparently they wanted this waitress gone, and did not have the "Xalls" to do it. so i did not eat choc. cake. at register i asked why i did not get choc cake. was told the list is on the door when u enter the rest. the owners either mother or his wife, an old woman was there with the hostess a young girl who kept giggling. no apology! no sorry this happened! no kiss my Xss no nothing!!! Waitress disappeared in the meantime. I got them to take care of My friend. she got to trade her take-out non-choc cake for a piece of pie they would rather have. which i thought was against the health code!?! but who am i !!!! i will never set foot in there again....and they wonder why they are not staying in business!!!! For the record ............ i have a nickname of "diner girl" from the rest of the posts. it will not surprise me when they close!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janie S

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Forget the Coupon Gimmicks”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I just read another review complaining about the same thing at this joint.
The coupons they advertise are a farce. They are making enemies with their coupon offers and should spend their money on getting better help.
Like many others, we had coupons for dinner and found out at the checkout register they were NOT good for some reason or another. The checkout girl inspects coupons looking for a reason NOT to honor them.This has happened BEFORE at this place. It is just average food. Service is bad. Go somewhere else. We will.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank pennstfan
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Beware of Coupons”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have eaten at the Parkland many times, usually for lunch. Usually order sandwich or panini off Sat. Special menu & use the 10 or 20% off coupons from the clipper magazine. Tonight had dinner & ordered from the daily special menu. At checkout, we were told that we couldn't use the coupon because we ordered from the specials. We questioned & were told that it has always been like that. Coupon states cannot be used on "other offers, senior specials or Holidays". We were told that "other offers" covered daily specials. (BTW, Specials at most diners are the same price on regular menu, but they don't have their menu online so I couldn't confirm.) Also funny that we've used the coupons before on specials. Frankly, the food is just average & there are too many other great diners in the area that actually HONOR their coupons to be bothered going there. People who work/own place used to be so nice, but not anymore.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ralph1950
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I am always nice with my restaurant reviews but this place is horrible.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I wish I could give a negative rating on this place. I was just there with my family after we had my pop pops funeral and they charged us for 45 people and 18% gratuity. We had AT MOST 30 family members there and it was a self serve with mediocre cold sandwiches so the gratuity should have been in the 8-10 percentile. My now widowed grandmother, who barely had two pennies to rub together, had to pay almost $600 for shotty food and shotty food service. This place is a rip off and they will never get a penny of mine. Another reason today is a horrible day, thanks money grubbers.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ChristieLRing1995
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Terrible treatment at this diner. Ordered 2 Cinnamon French Toast and got 3 instead. Waitress said I would be only charged for 2. Ate 3 bites and sent it back to kitchen because it had so cloying with too much cinnamon, I couldn't eat it. I requested white toast instead which I received. When the waitress brought the bill, she explained that she had to charge me for the French Toast because I had eaten some of it. Not only was I charged for the French Toast but I was also charged for the white toast. The hostess asked if I was pleased with the meal. I told her what I thought of the charge for the French Toast which I couldn't and didn't eat and the extra charge for the toast. She said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. Neither my husband or I will ever return.

• Visited September 2013