“Huge disappointment!”

Mangos Costal Cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Not accommodating at all! Refused to make the only vegetarian option on the menu...not because they were out of the ingredients, but because they wanted to save the vegetables for guests who ordered them as side dishes! Requested that the waitress ask the chef for other vegetarian options and she down right refused to ask! It was unbelievable and ridiculous. Terrible, horrific service and uneducated staff. Will NEVER go back! My Dad ordered the filet medium well and it was raw, my husband ordered snapper and it was overdone. Dinners do not include salad...which may be a good thing since the lettuce was all wilted and slimy. GROSS

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Starting with the goo-like Spanish rice this place is bad. I can't believe other reviewers actually visited Mangos more than once.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I used to go to this restaurant on occasion. Its close to our house, and we enjoyed the food and the overall experience. It was nothing fancy, or glamorous, or even romantic.

When I saw the negative reviews, I was so upset. I was thinking, hey, we like this place!
Now I completely understand.

Their manager must be trying to be more of a Chilis or something, the soft rock Series Satellite radio was annoying. The menu has changed,the food was bland, and it took FOREVER. My husband and I asked if it was a new owner or new manager. The server replied, no, the owner is just changing things up a bit.

This restaurant is taking a turn for the worst. I hope the owner acknowledges the mistakes and reverts back to appreciating quality.

1  Thank marissa i
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Most people are interested in the bad reviews but at times have a conception that the review was written out of being mean and or spiteful. However, this is not the case for me. I hope you take the time to read this review and know that I have had the luxury of eating all around the world and I know good food when I see it let alone when I taste it. My experience at Mangos was not what I anticipated since I had eaten there before over seven years ago. Hummm...where do I begin. First, let's talk about the ambiance...there is none. It's suppose to have a Caribbean flare...well that's out the window because despite the decorations that make you feel as though you are in Cuba...they play soft rock music through the speakers and the waiters are dressed in off black clothing. My opinion...let's spice things up by having the guys wear guayabera shirts, which are poplular in the Caribbean Islands and have soft Spanish music playing in the backgrouind. I ordered the taco platter and must say I smelled the chicken before I lifted the fork to my mouth. It was more of a "poultry" taste which turn me off from eating more. If you order the Mango mojito and expect to taste mango....you're wrong. I've had cheaper mango mojitos that are served with a mango slice and have a burst of mango flavor that explodes in your mouth.
Again, I'm not here to bash the place...just trying to inform those that are thinking of going there to just turn around and drive a few blocks down the road and stop at Carrabbas instead. Heck, just cross the street and get a snack at Mc Donalds. I also write this review for those that have been there to say where are your taste buds...have they taken a hiatus of what real food is suppose to taste like? Overall, the food is tasteless, reheated, and the bartender has missed a few mixology classes. Not to mention you can park a Mangos take a flight out of Allentown to Miami and eat real food and still get back in time before Mango has served your meal. Save yourself the money and trip...until Mango decides to bring back the ambiance, food, and service that put them on the map many years ago.

4  Thank ARMANICHIC
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Great place to eat. In an area with mostly chain resturants, Mangos is a true find. We love this place and go often.

1  Thank George B