“Scrumptious”

Taste of Italy Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Italy Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 459 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$2 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taste of Italy Bar & Grill is family owned with a high selection of traditional Italian favorites. The atmosphere is family-friendly, yet suitable for a business setting. We can also accommodate small parties and events. We offer a full variety of seafood, veal, chicken & pasta. Every entree is prepared fresh to order. We also feature a full wine and beer selection as well as spirits.
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The best Italian food ... Anywhere! Great food, service, and atmosphere. One trip and you'll be hooked. One more thing...get the Lemon Basil dressing for your salad.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Three couples with kids had a nice lunch here after tubing at blue mountain. It is in a strip mall and I was a little worried but the service and food turned out to be very good. There were a lot of people there enjoying a late Saturday lunch.
It is definitely typical Italian fare but sone very well. I would recommend it.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Quick bite to eat at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a quick dinner, so we stopped by to grab some dinner. Not only were they attentive, but the food came our quick and was delicious. Definitely the best homemade Italian bread in the Lehigh Valley!

Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This place is one of my favorites for Italian food. It is in the Catasaqua Road Shopping Center---the old one across from the new upper scale one. It is next to a discount grocer and some second hand stores. You could easily pass on it from the outside, go to a fancier area and miss great food. I had an arugula salad with shrimp and olives and pine nuts. Fantastic taste and texture and we receive two large helpings of fresh bread. My guest had manicotti that looked very good. I have been there a half dozen times with three different guests and they have all loved it. Portions are great. Product is fresh and tasty. Prices are very reasonable. You can go to the chains and get assembly line Italian and pay for one meal what would buy two here. Believe me, try this and you will never return to Olive Garden. It is the best I have had in the East Allentown/Bethlehem area. Light years ahead of Emeril's at the sands and you can have three meals here for what you pay at Emerils. They do have pizza by the slice and by the pie. I first went here for pizza but the food is too good to pass up for pizza (and I love pizza). Try it. You will be hooked. I was there on a busy Friday lunch time and our server Karen had several tables and service was fantastic. It seems every time I tell someone I meet about my favorite hole in the wall Italian, they smile and say, you mean Taste of Italy. Yes, in my travels, I have had better Italian though it stands toe to toe with any other place in the Lehigh Valley. When you factor in price, it must get 5 stars.

• Visited November 2013
Aiken, South Carolina, USA
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I always eat here when I visit PA (once a month). Very friendly staff. Great menu. Delicious food. Huge portions. Great value for money.

Visited October 2013