“Good Value”

Holiday Inn Allentown Center City
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Clean, comfortable room. Friendly staff. Location not beautiful, but I wanted only a place to overnight and got a great price on Hotwire.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Reiseberater

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This hotel perfectly reflects the city in it's faded glory but was perfectly clean and had quite a nice atmosphere. Good bar. The corporate rate that my hosts got me meant excellent value.
Didn't eat in the restaurant but crossed the street to the Bay Leaf.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pelicans1
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the hotel in March after a beer festival at the Brew Works right down the street. The property was very clean and in good shape, sometimes hard to find in a center city hotel. We had a room on the 9th floor with a great view of Allentown. We didn't see much of the staff when coming in and leaving, but the ones we did see were nice and accommodating. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting the city. You're nice and close to the downtown and since there really aren't many cabs around it's pretty convenient to get to the bars and restaurants.

Oh, and they had adult sized towels. That totally made my day, I hate trying to dry myself on a towel that's meant for a child.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The luggage unloading was annoying - had to feed a meter to get my luggage inside. Then I find there is no free parking - you have to go aournd the block, take a ticket, get it validated by the hotel, pay $6 per day, and return it when exiting the parking garage. A lot to go through. A TERRIBLE area to stay in. I ate dinner early to get back and walk to the hotel during light hours. Bathrooms are not clean AT ALL!!!
Staff is friendly and caring. No breakfast included but nice staff there also. The breakfast special was a good value with eggs, toast, bacon and coffee. I was charged an additional fee for substituting tea for coffee!!!!! Common areas are nice but the hotel seemed deserted. Internet worked fine. Heat in room was quirky with it being either very hot when heat was on or very cold when the heat was off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank janetoco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear janetoco,

Thank you for your recent stay, and taking time to provide feedback. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were unacceptable. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel rooms were clean and big. Breakfast is served in their Brazillian restuarant - not fabulous.
Area wise, bad choice. I wouldnt have picked this place if it wasnt near my client's office. My clients (locals) had even warned us not to walk ard the city centre streets as it weren't safe and especially not at night.
My co-worker who had a room near the main street was up all night as there was a cop car pulling up almost every hour.

Room Tip: Request for room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank pcess_jo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear pcess_jo,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. I thank you for calling out the the good quality of our room size and cleanliness. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I was not pleased at all with the hotel. Other than the room being a nice looking room, the ceiling was covered in cob webs. There are noveery or window in the bathroom, so use the lobby if you need to go number two. And the worst point was that the walls are paper thin! I could hear the full conversations going on in the rooms on either side of ours. The other guest were not loud at all but walls are as thin as notebook paper and I didn't get much sleep.
*** I will say that the $25 lunch buffet was excellent and worth the money

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Wow, this was an experience.

Two days in a row I "begged" the guy at the front desk to ask room service to drop the complimentary bottle of water in my room - he kept saying "yes" - never happened.

I called one night to kindly ask him to bring me that damn water which I kept asking for. His reply: "If you come down I'll give it to you otherwise, I can't come" hahaha This never happened to me and I really travelled the world. In no 3rd world country the receptionist would say "go get it yourself"

Thugs playing pool every night in the hotel bar with police "hangin out" at the hotel reception. I asked what's going on (cus you ask yourself why in the world are 2 policemen at the hotel reception for 2 hours). The receptionist told me they were his friends. :))

The place is super rundown - rust everywhere. No temeprature control in your room - it can either be boiling hot or freezing cold during winter.

Parking + bfast adds $11 a day to your room rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business