“Nice Stay”

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Tampa, Florida
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean and quite! Indoor pool was awesome! Staff was very pleasant and helpful!! When I arrived my check in was quick and easy. Was informed of all amnesties, which was very helpful when it. America to dinner. The 904 lounge was good food for a fair price

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, we hope you come and stay with us again when your in the area. We appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had previously stayed with this hotel a number of times when it was Crowne Plaza. My late Mother-In-Law lived just a few blocks away, and we could just leave our car in the garage and walk down. I had not been back since it was upgraded. While it was slightly "tired" when it was Crowne Plaza, it was still always clean, and well staffed.

We chose this hotel for my husband's annual birthday return to his old stomping grounds (he grew up in Allentown) after having mediocre stays with other hotels in the past. It didn't start out great - Hotwire messed up our reservation somehow (never had that happen before) but that was quickly remedied by Morrel (not sure how to spell his name) who was absolutely amazing. He couldn't put us in a king, but he got us a room on the correct date, and that was all I cared about. He could have washed his hands of us and told us that he couldn't help because it was a Hotwire booking, but he was super helpful.

We were wowed when we checked in at the upgrades since the re-branding. Check-in was chaotic, but we quickly noticed that there was more than one wedding, and the hotel was also hosting people who were attending a gymnastics meet, and a basketball competition. Even so, Denise was extremely composed and helpful. I told her I don't know how she does it, as I would have lost my cool with some of the people that were ahead of us.

Our room was clean and quiet. The only downside was keeping the room cool, but that was more the weather outside than anything the hotel could do about it. There were darkening curtains there, but they were sort of hidden, so if you don't see them immediately, keep looking. We were hoping to try the restaurant for breakfast, but we ended up with a change of plans, and didn't make it. Will be sure to try it next time.

Center City isn't the best location in the world, but at least I didn't find hypodermic needles in the parking lot or creepy people digging in the trash, like we did at another hotel in a supposedly more desirable location. We walked up and down for two blocks in either direction and had no problems at all. Just be careful in the garage - someone parked us in so tightly we couldn't get in to our car. My husband ended up crawling in from the passenger side and working it out that way. When we returned, we parked on a higher level on an end space.

Will be happy to return to the Holiday Inn on our next trip down!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We appreciate the review that your left in regards to your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as a returning customer. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.
East coast
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Living in the Newark area and working in NYC I wanted a weekend get a way just to relax and this hotel delivered that needed get away. From check in with the nice unique name to dinner n drinks I was happy. checkout the lady who checked me.gave me directions it was so nice to be treated so nice.
the bar and restauRant staff omg you two who were at the bar did something amazing were polite and really thank you
also the chef making my dinner right due to my diet that is unheard of in NYC and creating a cheese platter
thank you this was the perfect getaway. while not in the best hood everything is here clean pool nice gym with everything working and the best staff. Will return

• Stayed April 2014
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We are glad that your chose the holiday In as your getaway location, with that said we appreciate you leaving a review. We hope to see you again in the near future. We appreciate your business.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel because we were in town for a funeral. We were a party of 14 and didnt have reservations we were quickly checked in and in our rooms with no problems. The rooms were spacious and welcoming. Also they were very clean. I really enjoyed a good night sleep on an awesome mattress!!!

I would like to thank Denise for her EXEPTIONAL customer service and if Im in the area again I will definately come and stay at this Holiday Inn. Thank you so much for all of your help. I know you must of thought that we were a bunch of crazies, but you made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
The staff at the holiday in would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback in regards to your recent stay, service is very important to us. We will let Denise know what a great job she did making sure you guys were comfortable while here with us. We hope to see you again and we greatly appreciate your business.
NJ
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff is very nice. Manager gave us free breakfast as a reward as no one was there at front desk to greet us at check in. Bar was nice, bartender was very helpful. She talked to us about area. My complaints about the room is that there are only full sized beads in the room. I am a tall guy and the bed was too small for my wife and I . Why not have two queen sized beds in the room as the room was large and could accommodate the larger beds? Also, the room did not not have shades or drapes which brought the light into the room earlier than expected. Overall nice hotel but in a sketchy neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jacquelyn S, Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We would like to apologize that you felt our hotel was not safe with that said it is hard because were in a center city location. We do appreciate your feedback and hope you visit us again in the near future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked into the lobby of Allentown's City Center Holiday Inn we were greeted by a wonderful, welcoming, caring staff who have us great recommendations for dining outside of the hotel, called our room to make sure that everything was ok with our accommodations, and even signed us up with Holiday Inn's frequent traveler rewards program. This hotel is located within just a couple of blocks of some great restaurants and a parking garage were guests can park their car free of charge. Allentown's downtown district has a reputation for being a bit sketchy, but we felt more than safe as we ventured out and walked front the hotel to a nearby micro-brewery for dinner. The next time we visit Allentown we will stay at this very comfortable and professionally staffed hotel.

Stayed April 2014
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
We are so happy to hear that we provided great service while you were here with us. It means a lot to us to hear that you liked our hotel and accommodations. Please come and see us again when you visit Allentown. We greatly appreciate your business.
ny
Reviewed 9 March 2014

First thing I noticed when we pulled up were the garbage cans at the main entrance to the hotel. They were overflowing and then people just threw the garbage on the floor. I've never seen anything like that at any hotel, not even a one star property. This HI is allegedly a 3.5 star hotel.....not in my onion. The restaurant was closed and the elevator was so dirty it looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum in weeks.

Not cool. The area is also extremely sketchy. You can't walk anywhere safely and from my room I see a pawn shop and vacant buildings.

Why did I give the hotel three stars in my review? Our assigned room was clean and quiet and the customer service is exceptional. The man at the front desk (Marrell I think?) was the nicest and most welcoming person I have ever encountered in my many trips....and I have travelled extensively. Honestly, this man is pure kindness. Meeting him is worth whatever shortcomings the hotel has. The cleaning ladies were lovely as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We take stride in our customer experience here with us. We will forward your comments to the department managers so we can improve in the require areas. We do appreciate your business.