Holiday Inn Allentown Center City
GardenInn.com
US$133
US$129
US$93
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West(Allentown)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$79
ComfortInn
US$128
US$121
US$127
Red Roof
All reviewslittle thingsvery pleasant stayhotel stayrooms were very cleanexercise roomcheckin
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Due to my sister having surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital, we found ourselves needing accommodations for several nights in Allentown, Pa. I looked at several options and decided on Holiday Inn Center City. That was a great move!! All the staff were GREAT!!!! All acted as if they wanted to be there. Very personable!! Rooms were very clean. Special thanks to Denise at the front desk which was a joy to work with. She helped in setting up rooms that adjoined and helped me with a computer issue at the hotel. Thanks Denise!! We ate at the restaurant 4 mornings and was fortunate to meet Chelsea from the wait staff. She went overboard to make sure we had everything we needed each and every morning. Thanks Chelsea!!!!!!!! Thanks to Karen back in the kitchen for checking on our meals for satisfaction!! We will be returning as my sister is having surgery in a couple of months and look forward to seeing the staff and returning to the Holiday Inn Center City!!!!!! Thanks gang!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We appreciate the feedback in regards to your recent stay here with us. We hope you come and see us again if your ever in the area. We value your business.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Holiday Inn Center City has the most polite staff. From Denise at the Lobby to Crystal in the restaurant, each of the staff members helped make this experience memorable. Traveling as a family is a balancing act. They have made it pleasurable, The rooms were clean and the staff wonderful. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We greatly appreciate the response that you left in regards to your recent stay here with us. We will let the staff know how much of a great job they did servicing! We appreciate your business and hope you choose us for your accommodations again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean and quite! Indoor pool was awesome! Staff was very pleasant and helpful!! When I arrived my check in was quick and easy. Was informed of all amnesties, which was very helpful when it. America to dinner. The 904 lounge was good food for a fair price

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, we hope you come and stay with us again when your in the area. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had previously stayed with this hotel a number of times when it was Crowne Plaza. My late Mother-In-Law lived just a few blocks away, and we could just leave our car in the garage and walk down. I had not been back since it was upgraded. While it was slightly "tired" when it was Crowne Plaza, it was still always clean, and well staffed.

We chose this hotel for my husband's annual birthday return to his old stomping grounds (he grew up in Allentown) after having mediocre stays with other hotels in the past. It didn't start out great - Hotwire messed up our reservation somehow (never had that happen before) but that was quickly remedied by Morrel (not sure how to spell his name) who was absolutely amazing. He couldn't put us in a king, but he got us a room on the correct date, and that was all I cared about. He could have washed his hands of us and told us that he couldn't help because it was a Hotwire booking, but he was super helpful.

We were wowed when we checked in at the upgrades since the re-branding. Check-in was chaotic, but we quickly noticed that there was more than one wedding, and the hotel was also hosting people who were attending a gymnastics meet, and a basketball competition. Even so, Denise was extremely composed and helpful. I told her I don't know how she does it, as I would have lost my cool with some of the people that were ahead of us.

Our room was clean and quiet. The only downside was keeping the room cool, but that was more the weather outside than anything the hotel could do about it. There were darkening curtains there, but they were sort of hidden, so if you don't see them immediately, keep looking. We were hoping to try the restaurant for breakfast, but we ended up with a change of plans, and didn't make it. Will be sure to try it next time.

Center City isn't the best location in the world, but at least I didn't find hypodermic needles in the parking lot or creepy people digging in the trash, like we did at another hotel in a supposedly more desirable location. We walked up and down for two blocks in either direction and had no problems at all. Just be careful in the garage - someone parked us in so tightly we couldn't get in to our car. My husband ended up crawling in from the passenger side and working it out that way. When we returned, we parked on a higher level on an end space.

Will be happy to return to the Holiday Inn on our next trip down!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We appreciate the review that your left in regards to your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as a returning customer. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Living in the Newark area and working in NYC I wanted a weekend get a way just to relax and this hotel delivered that needed get away. From check in with the nice unique name to dinner n drinks I was happy. checkout the lady who checked me.gave me directions it was so nice to be treated so nice.
the bar and restauRant staff omg you two who were at the bar did something amazing were polite and really thank you
also the chef making my dinner right due to my diet that is unheard of in NYC and creating a cheese platter
thank you this was the perfect getaway. while not in the best hood everything is here clean pool nice gym with everything working and the best staff. Will return

• Stayed: April 2014
123staff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We are glad that your chose the holiday In as your getaway location, with that said we appreciate you leaving a review. We hope to see you again in the near future. We appreciate your business.