“A good night”

Comfort Suites Allentown
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This motel is a good stop for the night. It is located across from a water park but not in operation when we stayed. Could be noisy when in season. The hotel is very clean and the staff very good and friendly. The breakfast was very good and lots of it there. There are several restaurants close to the hotel for dinner and one attached to it. We will come back to this hotel when travelling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigJim171
Nicholas_FV, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

BigJim171,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words about my associates; they are rightfully exited when they hear their efforts, and hard work has been recognized.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I picked this motel because it was close to a wedding we were going to attend. When we checked in the staff was great and told us about the great breakfast they had every morning. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast etc. Well what they did not say is the room that seats 36 people would be full and the food would be all gone. That know one would be cleaning the tables or restocking the food items. I had to settle for a coffee and cereal, but there was no milk. This put a damper on a really nice motel that was spotless otherwise, and had great rooms and beds. I would rather them say they had no food at all, go down the street to the Perkins. This may sound like nit picking but when we stay at a motel that has prices $130 per night we take the breakfast into account. When you figure about 30 rooms per floor and 4 floors, it is not hard to understand why the breakfast system does not work.

Room Tip: Eat down the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. You are right; we have been busy and that has put some strain on our breakfast, particularly when nearly 70% of the guests or close to 250 guest try to have their breakfast at the same time. We have to come up with a way to be sure our guests have their breakfast when they want it. We are currently testing different methods. Hopefully, we can find a pragmatic solution soon.

Thank you again for your feedback. It helps us to improve our services. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when you come back, I will be sure all goes well this time.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was the second time staying at the Comfort Suites. Each time I am more and more impressed with the service from management. From the front desk to the seminar rooms, they always go over and above my expectations. At my previous stay the General Manager did set-up tables with a simple request -- btw it was for two rooms on his own. On this occasion -- June 12, Sarah Keppel, the Sales Manager actually set up TWO ROOMS so that I could determine which se-tup to choose from!! I can't wait to stay another time. Way To Go!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nicholas_FV, Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about our staff at the Comfort Suites Allentown / Dorney Park. I really appreciate that you would point out all the key benefits of staying at this hotel; our staff. Sarah Keppel was delighted to know that her hard work and care is recognized by you. She wanted me to thank you for that.

Glad you enjoyed the comfortable and superior service we try to deliver every day. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here over this past weekend because we were visiting Dorney Park for the first time. The location is really close to Dorney Park so that made it very convenient. As far as the hotel itself, it was fine. The room was clean and maid service did well during our stay (leaving additional towels and shampoos as requested).
The breakfast was basic as far as included breakfasts go. Tried the eggs one morning and they didn't appeal to me. It was a mad house Sunday and Monday. Also, in my opinion, too many people came down in their pajamas.
I did appreciate that there is coffee/tea available throughout the day.
I really don't know if I would stay here again because my family would like to have an indoor pool at a place like this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank PoorTripPlanner
Nicholas_FV, Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and proximity to Dorney Park. I am concerned however that you didn’t have a better view of our hotel, we will work hard on that to be sure that improve our hotel.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Check-in/out was easy with very friendly desk clerks, room was clean and comfortable with a refrigerator, microwave, and flat panel television. Both of the queen beds slept well and had plenty of pillows, and we also had a sofabed (our category of room was: "Two Queen Beds No Smoking 1 Room Suite Room Divider Sofabed 2person"). There was a desk/table that had outlets for convenient computer use.

This room layout had the sink area separate from the bathroom and their bath towels were very large and absorbent.

Breakfast was very good and had all of the typical cereals, fruit, juices, yogurt, breads, etc. In addition to that they had two waffle machines along with scrambled eggs and ham (or Canadian bacon) one morning and sausage links the next. The breakfast host was very friendly, and in case anyone is curious, the salsa for the eggs is the Pace brand (we heard several people asking about it).

Although we did not enter them, they have an on-site pub and a restaurant. There is also a McDonald's right down the street and I'm sure plenty of other eateries. The hotel seems very close to Dorney Park (an amusement and water park) for those interested.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John M
Nicholas_FV, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of the Comfort Suites Allentown at Dorney Park. I really appreciate that you would point out all the key benefits of staying at this hotel. My associates are delighted to know that their hard work is recognized by our guests.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just came back from a few days at the Comfort Suites in Allentown. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was OK, but one thing bothered me: The shower fixtures were filthy.

Like I said, when I first entered the room I found it clean and comfortable. When I looked into the shower, I surprised to find the shower head and the chrome fixtures (water spout and controller) were covered in soap scum and looked kinda gross. Since the rest of the room looked so nice, I figured the maid must've missed cleaning the shower that day, so I didn't say anything, figuring it would get cleaned the next day. But when I returned to my room the next day, the room was nicely made up and the shower head/fixtures were not touched (she was there - I had fresh towels) and were just as disgusting as the day before. Upon reflection, I should have realized that they wouldn't be cleaned, because there was so much soap scum they probably hadn't been cleaned in months. Wouldn't the cleaning of shower fixtures be part of the maid's checklist to do every day?

Anyway, other than that, my stay was very pleasant and I liked the updated rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KingMixer
CSA_GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Kingmixer,

Thank you for your review and I would like to put your mind at ease a little. We are well aware of our shortcomings with the bathroom fixtures. We have hard water here, and last year our water softener system went down which causes the fixtures to get like that. We will be installing a new one within the next month or so, I am hoping sooner. I apologize that this made a big impact to your stay, but please rest assured we are well aware of the issue and we will resolve it. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My daughter n I with my granddaughter had very bad news that my father deaf,82 years old was mug we traveled in from Providence RI took care of my father at the ER after that scare we was glad my father was okay nothing serious , we need a place to stay and your place was a very nice place but even better , Lori help us with a less amount for the place and an exact time at check out instead of 12 allow us to stay til 1pm and ten dollar off. My daughter n granddaughter stay til 1 pm ,so I can help my father til that time . Lori, was a grat help. I want you to know that we are very grateful for her kindness and hope to be back this summer for a fun visit to my parents n see Dorney Park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Diana,

Thank you for the kind words and I will pass along your kind words to Lori and I will show my staff how a little bit of consideration can go a long way in helping guests meet the goals. I hope your father is doing ok and from all of us here at the Comfort Suites I want to wish him a speedy recovery and we hope to serve you in the future.

Happy Travels!