“Great time, Clean hotel”

Comfort Suites Allentown
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we went to Dorney park, right across the street. It was very convenient! Clean!
Hotel needs a little grading but it was fine for us and why we were there.
Breakfast- was cereal, juice, donuts, english muffins, eggs- sausage or bacon

Pillows- were all firm, I like a good pillow LOL

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Allentown

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Sorry for the delay on this but I stayed up there a couple weekends ago had a great business trip!!! Was dreading the trip the whole time up there and when I met Kelly at the front desk made me feel like I was home. Got me checked right in and had someone bring me extra towels and gave me sent me to the best places in the area. She made my trip.

Whenever I am in Allentown area I will be staying here!!! See you next time

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our group booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. The breakfast room was crowded, not enough tables for guests to sit (some were standing). No one was cleaning the tables after use or replenishing the breakfast items (which were not appetizing to begin with). On our first day, we returned to our rooms at 1:30 p.m. after spending the morning at Dorney Park to find that no room service had been provided. We spoke to the desk staff. We went back to Dorney in the afternoon and returned at 8 p.m. to find that the beds had not been made, trash had not been collected from the wastebaskets, toiletries and towels had not been replaced. The toilet was filthy under the rim. When I asked the next morning why no room service had been provided we were told that the staff had reported that we requested no room service. This was a falsehood. The receptionist was unapologetic. She told us that there was not enough staff to clean all of the rooms that had been booked. As we checked out on our last morning we heard the maid knocking on everyone's door asking "do you want room service?" This is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia A
Nicholas_FV, General Manager at Comfort Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Patricia,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am concerned that we couldn't meet your expectations. I did talk to you in person, and we asked our staff to clean your rooms again. Furthermore, it was my understanding that we gave you a complimentary room and free shopping in the gift-shop. I would have been able to take care of any other concern you would have when you were at our hotel. We don't want any guest leave us with less than perfect service.

Again, please accept my apologies. I wish I had some opportunity to do more for you when you were still at my hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just thought I would share my experience: Was greeted the smiling face of Amanda and realized it was early for check-in but she never blinked a eye and got me right into a room without any issue. You could see the hotel was busy so I was shocked that I got a room right away. Upon arrival to my room everything seemed perfect but I had to run right out. Upon returning later I realized I could use more pillows and as I went to The restaurant for dinner and a drink Front desk told me they would take care of it. After having a very enjoyable steak dinner with my new best bartender Nicki was time to return to my room. Pillows were on my bed waiting for me.

ONLY DOWN FALL. Breakfast needs help!!!!

Room Tip: Stay here!!!
2  Thank Will D
Reviewed 29 July 2014

sorry this is long but i love leaving a positive review for a hotel that deserves it!!!
I was skeptical about staying in a hotel so close to Allentown for my family's summer vacation but this hotel quickly changed my mind.
Starting at check in we were greeted with a very helpful front desk employee (Amanda), she got us checked in and we even got our Dorney Park Passes right there at the front desk, and the discount was better then I expected. When we got to the room it was very clean and neat, however the tub was small, and the only view was of the park (the kids loved it, i could have lived without it).
we had dinner at the restaurant down stairs, again very clean and great customer service the wings were the family favorite and (Angie) our waitress was fast and polite.
breakfast was ok, the food was good but the room was a little small and busy took about 30 min to get our food the lady there (kathy?!) was so sweet and very helpful, she informed us that we could take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the park which was very convenient as you had to have a parking permit for the hotel over the weekend and the lot was small I didn't want to loose our spot.
OVER ALL GREAT PLACE TO STAY AND I WILL RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed the weekend during our family vacation. The hotel rooms were great. The jacuzzi is a little small. Amanda and Kelly were very informative and helpful. The shuttle service was a great idea as well as the discount tickets. Not every hotel offers that. The breakfast lady Cathy was so sweet and the coffee was always fresh. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 24 July 2014

rooms are HUGE - two beds plus a living room area with a partial wall divider. Quiet, facing the side with just trees so lots of privacy. Parking is full later at night - I had to park quite a distance from the front door at 10pm. Room was great, only comment that the tub is outdated and needs to be replaced. Really liked the bigger fridge and space.

Room Tip: room facing the back or side is best for quiet and privacy.
2  Thank Susan N