“I wouldn't sleep here again if it were the last place on earth”

EconoLodge & Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Berlin
“I wouldn't sleep here again if it were the last place on earth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My daughter and husband were bitten alive by bedbugs. We spent the rest of our Memorial Day weekend delousing everything so we wouldn't infect our home. In addition, the place seems to be being used as low income housing, with many people cooking outside their rooms, working on their cars in the parking lot, etc. The carpets were so filthy that we all wore shoes when we walked around in the room. The tub was so stained that my daughter wouldn't even shower in it. The pool was absolutely filthy with leaves and dead bugs floating everywhere.

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Summer2011Traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews on this hotel. Ok, so when I first got there the girl at the desk did have me standing there for about 5 minutes and noone was in front of me so I'm like ok? When I was finally taken care of she advised me of the charge for holding my room which they didn't mention on the phone. When I asked exactly how much that would be, she replied "just a few dollars". I am a person who appreciates facts and figures but i just wanted to rest. My room was a room you drive up too, which mostly everyone is. I loved that! When i walked in, it was very nice! Just like the picture. After reading all of the reviews expected a dirty junky room. I was pleasantly surprised! The shower wad also clean. My Toilet did end up getting clogged but u just have to call the front desk. The breakfast could be better. There is a waffle house only a couple exits away which has very fair prices! I feel that this hotel was great! Clean, nice, perfect. I went alone because my boyfriend is staying in this same hotel for work. We were both satisfied.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank XoAOrtiz
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

rodeway inn allentown,dont listen to these other reviews,they are from people who are no longer working or staying at this hotel.we stayed there,it was comfortable,clean and the food was good,its close to everything.i would recommend it to anyone,great for kids and they take pets.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ckonyk
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

THE Entire place was Filthy AND had Drunk Men and Women throughoutTHE Hotel. tThey have Long Term TENANTS who were Sitting Out In front OF their ROOMS Drinking Beer AND Cooking out. Loose ANIMALS. THE place IS DARK and DIRTY. I Repeat Do Not DO Not StayTHERE!

• Stayed August 2010

Travellers are raving about these Allentown hotels

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stopped because we needed to rest after long hours of driving being 6 in a car with 2 babies. The place was so bad, that none of us slept well. We had rooms 415 and 417. Room 415 was supposed to be non-smoking but for sure people had been smoking in that room cause the smell was real bad. There were hair (different kinds) on the wall and the floor of the bathroom and forgotten dirty towels from pas guests. The toilet and bathtub were more grey than white. Soap scum accumulation on the faucet. Dirty carpets like you would not believe and the blanket in the bed probably was once beige but also turning to grey. In room 417 one of the beds did not have the flat sheet that usually covers the mattress. $59.99 a night versus $69.99 at Best Western...guess where I will be stopping next time?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Paskheb
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

There was an assault, a shooting and various drug dealings going on. Wild parties and hood rats roaming the parking lots. I stayed here 4 years ago when it was a "Days Inn" boy the owners deserved to have Days Inn pull their name off this now deplorable place.

The first room was filthy, second room had no power, third and final room had a "lady of the evening" knock on the door at 1am asking if I wanted "commercial company for an hour"

Never again, and dont think of staying here, you are better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AshleyClevelandRocks
New Rochelle, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

My family and I (5 people in total) made a reservation to this dump for one night. When we got there we needed to wait to check in. The front desk was rude and very unprofessional. We moved into our room and at first glance it looked okay. About 1/2 hour into our stay we noticed the filth, the rug was so dirty we could not walk barefoot, the tv, fridge and lights did not work and the bed was broken. We switched rooms and suggested we should get our roll away bed for free for our inconvenience. We requested to see the manager and he refused to speak to us. The second room was worse than the first...it was filthy, the rug was gross, the toilet had a ring around it and the tub was disgusting. the wallpaper was shredded the vent in the bathroom had no cover and there were bugs on the ceiling. We requested a refund so we can go elsewhere and we were told "we do not give refunds". WE STARTED TO NOTICE THAT OTHER "GUESTS" WERE NOT IN FACT GUESTS BUT RESIDENTS. THIS IS A STATE SUBSIDIZED RESIDENTIAL MOTEL. The residents were bbqing outside of their rooms and the caliber of residents were very unpleasant. The staff was full of unprofessional, young kids with no sense of work ethic. Our roll away bed was delivered without a pillow and blanket, when we called the front desk to request one we were told their runner left for the day and there was nothing they could do to get us one, so we ended up paying for a bed we could not use. It took about 10 hours to get an iron and that was after 10 calls to the front desk. THIS PLACE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO RESERVE ROOMS TO THE PUBLIC ESPECIALLY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE RESIDENTS LIVING THERE. WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO PAY TO SLEEP THERE WHEN THE GOVERNMENT IS PAYING TO HOUSE PEOPLE THERE. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION...IT WILL BE THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family