“The term Bates Motel...Roach Motel...a few other terns come to mind! I would NOT recommend.”

EconoLodge & Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
delaware
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This facility was recommended to us by the hospital that my daughter is going to, mainlt because its 15 minutes from the hospital. Aside from the "hospital rate" offered I have nothing nice to say. Well thats not true. James was very nice on the phone. I did ask him if the photos on the web were current. I shoyld have kmown there was a problem when he told me that some od the rooms were being updated. As if its not bad enough that this was a medic. Necessity trip we drove into what my husband said reminded him of the Bates Motel or Serial killer movie hotel. Against my instincts we registered bc we had already been on the road for 6 hours! We checked in at 6:30 pm. As we tried to figure out the maze to our room we saw what looked like crack shacks in the rooms. Rooms that had broken beds and matteses outside the rooms, trah bins over flowing etc etc. The employee delivering our roll away bed looked shady. When we finally went into our room the lights werent working. The employee checked to see why and just shrugged his shoulders and left. The room smelled of smoke, mold and mildew. The room was suposed to be smoke free. As my husband was coming in with our kids he looked at the door, which showed signs of being broken into multiple times. My 9 year old son came in to use the bathroom and came running out of the bathroom. There were literally ROACHES and something black (looked to be ashes) in the bathtub. I have mold allergies and definately not going to have my childreb sleep in a room with bugs and rum the risk of bringing them home with me. We quickly left the room. Tried to regroup to find another hotel. In 20 minites time, we left went to the front desk and demanded a full refund, which we did recieve. The girl at the front desk, with a straight face actually asked me what the problem was and didnt show an ounce of surprise or offer an appolgy oranther room. I do feel bad. I was less than pleasant when I went back to the front desk. I could tell she was embarrassed. Her face was bright red. The GM actually told her to put the room back up as available! Again adding insult to injury. All of the hotels in the area were booked bc of big festivals! We ended up sleeping in our car for the night with 2 kids and our special needs dog. As uncomfortable as that was it was much better than the alternative. The lesson here...if your first impression is a vision from a horror movie RUN AND RUN QUICKLY!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank tcs959798

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stratford, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and the rug was filthy, one of the chairs had spots on it but worse yet, the desk in the room had a swarm of carpenter ants in it. We called room service who refused to do anything about it because he was the only one on duty and I had to literally take the desk out of the room just so we could sleep in peace. The bed we slept in had cigarette burns on the sheets. The rug where the desk was located had cobwebs and other dead bugs on it. It was clear this room hadnt been cleaned in months. The manager refused to see us, did not make us a priority, not only did he give us the run around he gave Choice Hotels the run around as well. All those fears that we have of staying at a hotel in a third world country came true, right here in the United States at the Rodeway Inn of Allentown, PA. DONT EVER STAY THERE!!! IT IS A DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Si van a Dorney Park en Allentown no se queden en Rodeway Inn!! If you are on your way to Dorney Par...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AleyDanny

Travellers are raving about these Allentown hotels

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is not well maintained. The carpets were not clean. The refridgerator in the room was not working and the air conditioning made loud noises all night. There was no other room avaiable to be shifted to for the ac and after a long day we weren't in a mood to lookout for another one. Somehow spent the night at the hotel.

Breakfast was ok but not a complete continental! No eggs, waffle..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shridhar I
morganville NJ
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Very much like the Rodeway in Montgomeryville, has conference facilities (this one used to be a Days Inn Conference Center) but rooms a little outdated but very clean. No mini-fridge or TV and a little pricey, maybe for now being part of the Choice system. Wall defect (see pic) but no reason to say its a terrible place just because of that. A little odd to get to, go up 309 then come back down local roads. Clean sink, shower, bed but noisy fan in bathroom and fluorescent light over sink hummed when operating. Adequate / simple continental breakfast. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank dogtired2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night as I had to sit for an exam the next day.
The room was clean and they have a coffee machine and tv in the room (not that I used the latter). Breakfast the next day was below average the only thing I cared for was the orange juice.
For me the location was great it was right next to the testing center. And overall the value was great.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank rashmataz
Ossining, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Convenient and good value. Breakfast was not stocked well—out of juice, cereal. Room was a little grubby but outdoor pool was large and clean. Very quiet at night. Nice location and it was only ten minutes away from Dorney Park. Internet only worked for five minutes at a time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janice N
Odessa, Delaware
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Needed to stop for the night and unfortunately we were told about this dump. We checked in and went to our room to get some rest. After getting all our bags in side we found the shower had recently been used and the person left wet, dirty footprint in it, and wet used towels were left on the bathroom floor. I called the front desk to say it appears this room is being used by someone else, only to be told no it was probably a member of the staff cleaning up before leaving work. Because we had already unpacked our car and were exhausted I decided we would not use the shower or towels, as I always carry my own towels and toiletries. We washed up in the sink and went to sleep. At approx 12:30a - 1a we were awaken by someone trying to get in our room thank God I had pushed the table in front of the door and placed the suit cases on it. I called the front desk and spoke with Justin who said there was nothing he could do I needed to call the police if I thought someone was trying to access the room. The next day I asked to speak with the manager only to be told the manager only works 9a to 5p M-F despite the sigh that said “Manager On Duty”. I called and left several messages for the Manager and received no reply. Don’t risk your life or health staying at this dump.

Room Tip: Don’t risk your life or health staying at this dump. Stay any were else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family