“Sheets and towels already used by previous clients !! DISGUSTING”

Rodeway Inn Allentown
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We spent the night of July 19th in this hotel, just for a late stop: when I wanted to dry myself after my shower, I discovered the TOWELS were DIRTY ! Then, I checked entirely the SHEETS: DIRTY as well (SPOTS, HAIRS). It was midnight and too late to go to another place. I complained and got new sheets and towels. It took time. We felt very uncomfortable during the night and did not sleep well. In the morning, I asked for a commercial gesture - I had been charged an incredible 89 USD + tax for this -. The hotel refused, arguing that everything was normal ("for more, I could have been to Marriott"). It makes me suppose it is a policy in this hotel not to systematically clean bed sheets and towels, also it is the least you can expect, even in a basic hotel. Horrible place. Don't go.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mapi28

Reviewed 22 July 2013

NO soap in the room at all. NO working ice machine in the entire bldg. Smelly hall and room.

Attendant on the cell all the time. Freight train tracks 50 ft away.

Too bad they're trading on the good Econo Lodge name.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank alang765
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am writing to let you know how awful our stay was at the Econo Lodge in Allentown Pennsylvania on Downeyflake Lane!! The rooms were absolutely disgusting!!!!! Spilled dried soda pop all over the safe, the rooms had a very stale foul odor , the clerk was more interested in his cell phone than his customers, the remote for the television had the batteries in by scotch tape, there was an ice bucket and yet no ice machine and the guests in the next room were listening to loud music till at least 2:30 am!!!! This was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel!!!! Ever!!! Not to mention it cost us almost $100 !! Ridiculous !!

Diana Lynn

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Deedledee35
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Should have paid attention to the reviews here. We reached there midnight and just needed a room to spend the night. We could not wait for morning. The building is dirty(putting it mildly). The room had a bad smell to it. The carpets felt sticky. The windows were open but still it did not feel fresh in there. The bathroom had dirt in the corners and it smelled. One of the beds did not have a comforter, only a white sheet. When i went to ask for one, the front desk did not have any to give to me. He gave me a bed spread instead. Not worth the $80 we paid. The owner is friendly and so was the reception guy but everything else is downhill once you leave their front office. If you can, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank brookeusa2002
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed at this property a year ago and didn't realize it was the same motel when I made the reservation. The building is disgusting, the smell is overwhelming (although they try to cover it), one wall in my room had about a square foot patch with different color paint covering it, exposed hanging materials where a photo once hung, the inside rim of the toilet was black. I did not take the cover off the bed and slept on top of it so I don't know what the sheets looked like. The towels smelled like the building. I believe some of the guests may live at the motel, last year I woke up in the middle of the night when they returned and the party continued for hours. This year I woke up, but the loud noise/voices/cranked car stereo only lasted about 15 minutes. I did not feel safe, if I didn't push the door hard enough it didn't click to lock and the door could have been opened without the key. I recall having the same problem last year and I was in a different room. The clerk tried to sell me a room with a Jacuzzi, I can't even imagine what that would have looked like. Honestly, I cannot believe this motel carries the name of a major chain.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Dirty rooms, the outlet looks so burned a fire could start at any moment. RUDE emplyee bangs on the door askign us to leave when we had ONE MORE NIGHT stay, never apologized, just stormed off like a total idiot, Loud, trashy people partying all night long, the owners must take money from whomever and not care what goes on there, Disgusting. never. ever, ever, again.

Room Tip: stay somehwhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Melody B
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We used a travel coupon, but should have checked this place out on the Internet,. The majority of the other reviews are correct. Though the bathroom was clean, it looked like the paint on the bathroom door around the knob hadn't been cleaned in months (years?). The room smelled ok, the AC was fine, but no hot water at night for a shower. It was barely lukewarm. Though the room was otherwise clean, the stairs to the 2nd floor looked like they hadn't been vacuumed. Had to pull the door tightly to get it to lock. Breakfast was a travesty. The "orange juice" looked like orange kool aid. I don't know what the liquid red stuff was. I didn't eat anything there. When you check in you are given the TV remote (apparently people have walked off with them). That was a first for me and didn't give me confidence. The room was missing a wash cloth and hand towel. When I mentioned this to the person at the desk at check out, he didn't seem to care. We had a second floor room. One area on the first floor seemed to have unsavory characters hanging about. After we checked in, my wife read the fine print on the room rental agreement. Turns out you get charged $1.50 per night for the safe even if you don't use it. Had to get that refunded on my credit card on check out. I checked the mattress for bed bugs and didn't see any signs, but another post mentioned them, so this has me a bit nervous.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, ask to see the room first. A good way to check cleanliness *(if every...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family