Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Chester, United States
“Great Value”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Front office and breakfast staff were extremely friendly. I expected a faint smell of smoke in our non-smoking room (which I have experienced in the past). However, the room had a very fresh smell and I love that they wash the duvet covers nightly. The price was just right for our stay. Only complaint is the computer in the business center should have been a higher speed and colored ink would have been nice in the printer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Roger K
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thanks for the review. I will pass along the nice things you said about our staff to them and make sure they are recognized for the great guest service they provided. We here at the Hampton strive for a clean enviornment and love it when our guests notice what we do. We hope that you will come back to our property the next time you are in the Allentown area. Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Felton, Delaware
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here after a concert at the Allentown State Fair. Comfortable bed, but the bathroom could use some updating. I've stayed at Hampton Inn's before, and this one wasn't any better or worse. The breakfast area could use some more seating. It was really crowded when we went downstairs and ended up leaving and bought breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisap921
Thanks for the review. Hope you enjoyed the concert and the Fair. Thanks for choosing our property as your hotel choice. Just to let you know, we are about to go through a multi million dollar renovation and it will include a new breakfast loft, a state of the art fitness center, and a pool. We are excited about these changes and we know you as the guest will to. Hope we see you the next time you travel through the Allentown area.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I sat on this review for a little while thinking maybe I would be more kind after more thought, but this is not the case. In spite of some very helpful and friendly staff at the hotel, it's cleanliness and condition were poor.

This is a fairly typical Hampton when first approaching and in the lobby area, but as soon as I got to my room it was clear something was not right. The floor looked as though it had not been vacuumed, the bed cover did not look clean and there were wash cloths rolled up and stuffed into a large gap next to the AC unit. The phone was disgusting. I was too tired to move.I waited until morning to bring my issues to management's attention.

They were friendly and attentive, but when I returned to my room, housekeeping had been there, but the room was still not clean. I dampened a wash cloth and rubbed it on the carpet, and the result was disgusting. A clean room is Rule #1. All the other features and extras are distant to basic cleanliness.

Otherwise, the room was typical with a free web access, free parking, free breakfast and a Hampton Inn feel which I like.

With that said, I would never stay here again and would recommend others to do the same. I cannot speak for the other hotel choices in the immediate area, but hopefully they will be cleaner than this one.

Room Tip: They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but in the end did not comp anything for me. If you try it...
1 Thank CoasterWarrior
I appreciate the honesty in this review. I just wanted to apologize for your stay and how uncomfortable it was. Just wanted to let you know we are about to undergo a major multi million dollar renovation that will include a new pool, new rooms, a state of the art fitness center, new breakfast loft, and a pool. We are excited about these changes that are about to happen. I hope this one stay would not deter you from coming back. I personally will handle your reservation and make sure the room is clean and has everything that a Hampton Inn has to offer. Please give me a call here and we will definitely work something out. Hope you have a great day.
Clark, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2013

No question that I would sleep like a baby at ANY hampton inn, its a no brainer! I wish I could afford the bedding , its so comfortable! I would love the pillows, cases fitted sheet and that wonderful duvet insert and covering. OMG! Staff was nice , I would say the ONLY drawback I found was the way its set up for breakfast or just if you want to sit an hang. Didn't feel as cozy and nice as the regular hampton I stay at in Wilkes Barre. But like I said, The hotel was spotless and as always room was very comfortable! I look fwd to next weeks stay! I will sleep all night!

Room Tip: Any room there is great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rosemarie62
Thanks for the review and the amazing compliments. I will definitely be passing these along to all of our staff and make sure they are noticed for the work that they do. We at the Hampton here strive for excellence and cleanliness. We are about to undergo a major multi million dollar renovation that will include a breakfast loft overlooking the breakfast area, a state of the art fitness center, a pool. We are excited about these changes. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the Allentown area. Have an amazing day.
Quatro Barras, PR
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Have been to several hotels on this chain, and become more and more convinced that there's a clearly defined standard for all of them. Difference is how old installations are, and how far each hotel is careful on the standards.
this one is on the lower range of the standard. Old rooms, besides big. The white sheets are not that white and soft any longer. Bathroom smells trully bad, to the point I was starting to avoid being on it.
Towels are so small and looks so old, that even a feeling of not being so clean came to my mind.
Cold reception and breakfast staff.
There are better hotels very close by, even the same company, that are much better. I don't consider coming back to this one at all

1 Thank DavidKB
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Omaha, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had not issues at all. The hotel was clean and pretty updated. The only issue I had was that the smell of the air outside of the hotel was a little off-putting, but that is due to their neighbors. The hotel was tucked into an industrial area, but the signage made it easy to find.

1 Thank Jeff G
Thanks for the review. We definitely appreciate all the nice things that you say for our property here. Just to let you know we are about to undergo a major multi million dollar renovation that will include a new breakfast loft, state of the art fitness center, a pool. These are all things that we are looking forward and are excited about. We hope to see you when you come back to the Allentown area. Have a great day.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is very well located. It is close to attractions, food, and has easy on, off access to major highways. The entire staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The area eateries seemed to be family friendly. An excellent choice for our needs and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 451fredi
Thanks for the review. We always appreciate when our guests have a good guest experience. I will be passing on the good word to all of our staff here acknowledging the great work that they are doing. It makes up for the long week working. Hopefully you will consider us the next time you will be traveling through the Allentown area. Have a great week.