All reviewshampton innan industrial parkstarlite dinerroom was cleanwould stay here againgreat place to staybagelsoff the highwayfitness centercomplimentary breakfastlehigh valleyindoor pooldorney parkterigpsupgradesclerk
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was staying at the Hampton Inn for six weeks for my training program. I come from seven years in the hotel industry and have to say my experience was amazing. Ever since I checked in the staff has been wonderful in every aspect. Steven at the front desk is quite possibly the best hotel employee I have ever met. He is very professional but also connects with the guest on a personal level which builds great customer service. It is these little things that will separate your hotel from the rest. Thank you to Denise and the rest of the staff for treating me well. The room is up to standards and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My only suggestion is that the TV channels are not all accurate. Besides that it was a pleasure staying with your hotel. Thank you for everything.

Andrew V.

Room Tip: Use a GPS or descriptive map to find location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your hotel of choice for the duration of your stay. We enjoyed having you and building that connection with you as the weeks progressed. I personally would like to thank you for all the nice things you said. I enjoy the work that I do and the people that I meet and it brings a smile on my face to know that the love I show is reciprocated back. I love replying back to all of these reviews whether they be good or bad. I take them all and see what we as a staff can improve on. Thanks again and I hope if you're ever back in the Allentown area that you will make a pit stop at the Hampton even if it is just to say hi.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is older but it is still in good condition. I understand that it is going to be renovated this year (2014). Service was very good but there seemed to be a lack of staff for the front desk. The one person at the desk did her best but seemed to have to many other duties to be really efficient at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank CanadaPeter

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here. We always appreciate the great work our staff does. We are working on getting a night houseman to relieve our front desk staff of some of the responsibilities that prohibit them from bringing the best customer service they can bring. Thanks for staying here and I hope to see you the next time you are back in the Allentown area.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

There were alot of choices in this area from which to choose,but as soon as I talked to the Front Manager Steve J. I knew I was in good hands. Luckily when I arrived the next day, Steve was there again.I had a special request that he promptly fulfilled personally. The room was clean and quiet and I also appreciated the extra "to go" brown bag breakfast since I was leaving too early to fully enjoy the hot breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kswhite1
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Wow!!! I definitely am touched by all the nice words you had to say about me. It feels good sometimes to be noticed. I love my job and I love the people I see every day and if I can make a difference in a person's life every day, then I am doing what I was put here to do. Thank you again for all the kind words and I remember who you are and I can't wait to see you guys again the next time you are in the Allentown area. Thanks so much and I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend coming up.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hotel is conveniently located off the highway, plenty of signage to direct you to the property, close to restaurants, sufficient parking, WiFi works very well and there are more outlets in the room that you'll likely be able to use - regular and USB outlets! Tons of channels on the flat screen TV too. A+++ What more do you need? The place works very well for the solo business traveler or anyone else just passing through. Staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive during my brief stay (they knew right away where a certain store and restaurant I was looking for were located). Would recommend this place to anyone and in the event I happen to be in Allentown again, this hotel would be my first choice!

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter. This hotel is close to the highway but not too close, so you really don't hear any outside noise, and the walls are sufficiently thick that you don't hear anything from the rooms next to you either.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank caj111
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you so so so so so much for the rave reviews on here. This is what I love to reply to! I reply to all of the reviews whether they be good or negative. I take each of them as a teaching tool to boost our hotel in anyway possible. I have the biggest smile on my face looking and reading this review over and over. I can't say thank you enough!! I hope you and your family have a great rest of the week and please come back and visit anytime that you want. Thank you thank you thank you.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

overpriced. noisy rooms near highway, but other side was ok. good breakfast. was missing tv remote in room and they made me go all the way down to the desk to get one. staff was friendly otherwise, but the breakfast guy had an attitude when I ask for something that I should have seen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the remote issue and also the breakfast staff. Both of those issues I will take care and address. That is not something that we pride ourselves on. We like to have the guests feel at home and happy when they come to visit us. Please come back and give us another chance. I know you won't be disappointed. I hope you have a great weekend.