All reviewshampton innan industrial parkstarlite dinerroom was cleanwould stay here againgreat place to staybagelsoff the highwayfitness centercomplimentary breakfastlehigh valleyindoor pooldorney parkterigpsupgradesclerk
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel is showing age, needs updating which I understand will be done in 2014. Room was very small but space utilized well. Would not want more than 2 people per room. Room clean, bath small. Stocked well. Beds too soft, need replacing. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I just wanted to let you know that we will be remodeling the whole hotel soon. We are getting all new bedrooms, new parking lot, new pool, fitness center, and so much more. We are very excited about the changes that are happening here at the hotel. Please come back and visit us when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is in a decent location in the Lehigh Valley. It is an older property and starting to show its age. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to consider another location - this is pretty close to the highway. You will hear the trucks! Otherwise, it is clean and the service is very good!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the honesty from which you speak. If you stay on the odd numbered rooms you will not have much noise if any at all. It faces away from the highway. Its very quiet. I hope you will come back and visit us sometime when you are back in the Allentown area. Thanks and have a great week.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was staying at the Hampton Inn for six weeks for my training program. I come from seven years in the hotel industry and have to say my experience was amazing. Ever since I checked in the staff has been wonderful in every aspect. Steven at the front desk is quite possibly the best hotel employee I have ever met. He is very professional but also connects with the guest on a personal level which builds great customer service. It is these little things that will separate your hotel from the rest. Thank you to Denise and the rest of the staff for treating me well. The room is up to standards and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My only suggestion is that the TV channels are not all accurate. Besides that it was a pleasure staying with your hotel. Thank you for everything.

Andrew V.

Room Tip: Use a GPS or descriptive map to find location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your hotel of choice for the duration of your stay. We enjoyed having you and building that connection with you as the weeks progressed. I personally would like to thank you for all the nice things you said. I enjoy the work that I do and the people that I meet and it brings a smile on my face to know that the love I show is reciprocated back. I love replying back to all of these reviews whether they be good or bad. I take them all and see what we as a staff can improve on. Thanks again and I hope if you're ever back in the Allentown area that you will make a pit stop at the Hampton even if it is just to say hi.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is older but it is still in good condition. I understand that it is going to be renovated this year (2014). Service was very good but there seemed to be a lack of staff for the front desk. The one person at the desk did her best but seemed to have to many other duties to be really efficient at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank CanadaPeter

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here. We always appreciate the great work our staff does. We are working on getting a night houseman to relieve our front desk staff of some of the responsibilities that prohibit them from bringing the best customer service they can bring. Thanks for staying here and I hope to see you the next time you are back in the Allentown area.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

There were alot of choices in this area from which to choose,but as soon as I talked to the Front Manager Steve J. I knew I was in good hands. Luckily when I arrived the next day, Steve was there again.I had a special request that he promptly fulfilled personally. The room was clean and quiet and I also appreciated the extra "to go" brown bag breakfast since I was leaving too early to fully enjoy the hot breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kswhite1
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Wow!!! I definitely am touched by all the nice words you had to say about me. It feels good sometimes to be noticed. I love my job and I love the people I see every day and if I can make a difference in a person's life every day, then I am doing what I was put here to do. Thank you again for all the kind words and I remember who you are and I can't wait to see you guys again the next time you are in the Allentown area. Thanks so much and I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend coming up.