All reviewshampton innan industrial parkstarlite dinerroom was cleanwould stay here againgreat place to staybagelsoff the highwayfitness centercomplimentary breakfastlehigh valleyindoor pooldorney parkterigpsupgradesclerk
Reviewed 5 May 2014

At or below average - needs to be updated. Staff was great though. I would of paid a bit more for a better feeling room/property. The bed was comfortable and clean - TBISC. The breakfast was okay - probably as good as any other complimentary breakfast. I do enjoy oatmeal prepared over the individual packages. I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible - so that limits my options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review us. We take pride in the things that we do. We appreciate you choosing us as your hotel of choice. We also recognize that our hotel is a little dated and needs some work. That is why this summer we are undergoing a major million dollar renovation. It includes a brand new pool, new fitness center, new rooms. We are excited about all of the changes that will be happening here. We hope you come back and join us the next time you are in the Allentown area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was greeted kindly by the front desk staff. The room was clean and generally quiet. The breakfast selection was good and quality of food was good. We received a copy of our bill under the door so check out was easy Over all a great stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel. Also, I want to thank you for all the kind words that you gave us as well. It is always nice to see that others see the happiness that we have here at the hotel and the guest service we provide. I hope you come back and visit us the next time you are back in the Allentown area. Have a great weekend and enjoy this weather.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel is showing age, needs updating which I understand will be done in 2014. Room was very small but space utilized well. Would not want more than 2 people per room. Room clean, bath small. Stocked well. Beds too soft, need replacing. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I just wanted to let you know that we will be remodeling the whole hotel soon. We are getting all new bedrooms, new parking lot, new pool, fitness center, and so much more. We are very excited about the changes that are happening here at the hotel. Please come back and visit us when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is in a decent location in the Lehigh Valley. It is an older property and starting to show its age. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to consider another location - this is pretty close to the highway. You will hear the trucks! Otherwise, it is clean and the service is very good!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the honesty from which you speak. If you stay on the odd numbered rooms you will not have much noise if any at all. It faces away from the highway. Its very quiet. I hope you will come back and visit us sometime when you are back in the Allentown area. Thanks and have a great week.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was staying at the Hampton Inn for six weeks for my training program. I come from seven years in the hotel industry and have to say my experience was amazing. Ever since I checked in the staff has been wonderful in every aspect. Steven at the front desk is quite possibly the best hotel employee I have ever met. He is very professional but also connects with the guest on a personal level which builds great customer service. It is these little things that will separate your hotel from the rest. Thank you to Denise and the rest of the staff for treating me well. The room is up to standards and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My only suggestion is that the TV channels are not all accurate. Besides that it was a pleasure staying with your hotel. Thank you for everything.

Andrew V.

Room Tip: Use a GPS or descriptive map to find location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your hotel of choice for the duration of your stay. We enjoyed having you and building that connection with you as the weeks progressed. I personally would like to thank you for all the nice things you said. I enjoy the work that I do and the people that I meet and it brings a smile on my face to know that the love I show is reciprocated back. I love replying back to all of these reviews whether they be good or bad. I take them all and see what we as a staff can improve on. Thanks again and I hope if you're ever back in the Allentown area that you will make a pit stop at the Hampton even if it is just to say hi.