“Somewhere in Time??”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Somewhere in Time??”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

As a Diamond Member of Hilton Honors program, I was sadly disappointed with this Hampton Inn. I realize now why it was having such a great price. The hotel is overdue for an upgrade. Problems: dirty irons & ironing boards, slow internet, musty smells, ran out if food & seating for breakfast buffet by 8:30am. Definitely not ready for prime time.
But my greatest disappointment was with the staff. This hotel is understaffed & the limited staff is not empowered to assist guests with legitimate concerns. Examples: Failed twice to provide correct keys to my room; telling me "I'm the only one here & I don't have the time to help with internet when I called at 10pm; explaining that I'm sorry I can't give you a bottle of water or a bag of nuts because they count everything & fine us. SERIOUSLY!!!???
This was from 3 different front desk staff over a 2 night stay.
As I checked out & was provided the 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - the front desk staff told me that starting in August, 2014 the hotel is getting a $5 Million Dollar update. So...SOMEWHERE IN TIME - this hotel will hopefully meet Hilton's strict standards again. Until then, only plan to stay here if you are searching for a bargain.

Stayed June 2014
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us. I appreciate the honesty with how things we're handled. I would like to speak to you a little more on how things were handled and get a little more specifics on your stay with us. Please don't hesitate to give us a call and ask for Steve (Front Desk manager) I will be in Wednesday from 3-11. I would love to speak with you and express our apologies for what happened during your stay. This is not how we at the Hampton like to treat our guests. Hope you have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Convenient location to local attractions at a good price. Friendly staff and pleasant breakfast. Close to Dorney Park, Hawk Mountain, Trexler Game Preserve and Dutch Country. Book early as will fill up quickly

Room Tip: Location difficult to find, set back off the road. Ask for a room on the front none highway side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review on here. It means a lot to us here. We loved reading all the good things you had to say about our hotel. It puts a smile on all of our faces. We would love to have you back whenever you are back in the Lehigh Valley. Thanks and have a great day.
Mine Hill, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room and bed was clean and comfortable, breakfast very good and great overall value. I wish the hotel had a pool and larger fitness area. Some of décor, wallpaper and grouting could be freshened up to give cleaner and newer look.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to fill out a review on our hotel. We always appreciate the honest feedback from our guest and it brings a smile to our faces when we did such a good job pleasing the guest. Thank you and have a wonderful day and please do not hesitate to come back to the Hampton Inn whenever you are back in the area.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Employees were nice. I stayed two nights and the hotel was satisfactory. Very comfy bed. The continental breakfast was a nice variety. However, get there early, because it was over run with small children and a ton of people in line.

• Stayed May 2014
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing us. It was very nice of you to say the things you said about our hotel. We always strive to bring the best guest experience that we can. We hope you come back and stay with us the next time you are back in the Allentown area. Thanks again.
Bailey, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was very friendly. There was a great hot breakfast. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing I would change is possibly sound proof the rooms. The first night was a bit of noise with people checking in. The second night was quieter.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor by the elevator, so was a bit noisy. But, was very clean, and comf...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the review. I will pass along the nice things you said to our staff to them and make sure they are recognized for the great guest service they provided. We here at the Hampton strive for a clean environment and love it when our guests notice what we do. We hope that you will come back to our property the next time you are in the Allentown area. Have a great day.
Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn a few times for work travel and once for leisure travel. Since I dont have a choice for my business travel I may end up here again.My first few visits here were ok but the experiences have really gone downhill. The front desk staff is friendly sometimes and other times rude. My room had been booked on 2 different occasions through Hilton Honors and I was promised room upgrades which I didnt get either time. On one of my visits I encountered sheets that had hairs on them and had obviously not been changed, My most recent stay was also a disappointment. The bathroom floor and tub had hair in it and they had not left any towels in the bathroom. On the one leisure trip I did make to this location I had booked a room with a large whirlpool tub. I got the room when I checked in and later found out the tub didnt work. When I called the front desk they basically said there was nothing they could do about it and my room rate remained the same anyway. Overall, most of my experiences at this hotel have been poor but I dont get to choose my accommodations for work travel. If you have a choice, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Steve J, Front Office Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us. We appreciate the time you took out of your day to do this. We also appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family by staying here. Upgrades are based on availability. If we have the space to upgrade our loyal members we will do our best but unfortunately, it is not something that Hampton requires us to do. It is a request. We apologize for the misunderstanding there may have been there. Thank you again for staying with us and have a great day.
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay I called and reserved room I told them that I would be there shortly after 2:00 I was told check in is at 3:00 I said I was a truckdriver and would have to be there around 2:00 and would only be staying 10 hours and also I was a diamond member which allows early check in but again I was told can not check in before 3:00( so much for special privileges for diamond members here) as far as parking a semi in lot it was tight but I did get in ok,I did go inside about 2:45 and room was ready( I guess I should have went in at 2:00 when I got there but I stayed outside) check in went descent property is older but very well kept standard Hampton room ,everything was clean bed was great only issue was room facing the highway was a little noisy but that was not an issue for me..check out shortly after midnight went smooth and gentleman had fresh coffee made and offered a breakfast bag..price was descent all in all it was a great stay and all the people I encountered was nice only issue was being told that I couldnt check in before 3:00 not everybody has the same schedule as everybody else ,I have been staying at Hamptons since 04 and have never been told I couldnt check in a little early esp. being a diamond member If Im back in the area I would prob call here and speak with the mgr. about this issue if I couldnt check in early I would try somewhere else, which I wouldnt want to because I really liked this place but Im only allowed 10 hours off duty and dont like to sit in the truck upwards of an hour before I can get to the room to unwind and get some rest..

Room Tip: may want to be on back side If highways noise is an issue for you
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I wanted to thank you for first off reviewing us on here and taking time out of your busy day to do that. Thank you. We noticed that you commented on the status of early check ins. It all depends on whether or not we have clean rooms available before 3 PM. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure that all the rooms are clean by 3 PM. If we were sold out the night before they will have more rooms to clean. We try to do the best we can with the staff that we have. We try to honor all requests. We appreciate that you took the time to stay with us and we hope you come back to the area again.