All reviews hampton inn an industrial park starlite diner room was clean would stay here again great place to stay bagels off the highway fitness center complimentary breakfast lehigh valley indoor pool dorney park teri gps upgrades clerk
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were there the last weekend of Aug for a car show. Due to booking thru booking.com & not thru the hotel room types we ended up not getting for all 5 rms. Thxs to Devon, he was a god sent angel and turned the unpleasant experience of booking thru 3rd party and turned the experience around 180°. We even said about going to the new Marriott property down the street for next year's show. Many thanks to Devon doing what he did and has even taken care of our reservations right away for next year's show. He even had to add another room for me so he came through on all 6 rooms for next year. The rest of the staff was just as amazing and helpful. Again, thanks again Devon and we will see you and the rest of the staff next August.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chastity B
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the kind review. We will let Devon and the rest of the staff know how pleased you were with service. The staff always gets a charge when reading a great review like this. We look forward to welcoming you back next year. Take Care!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Made reservations 6 months ago. We have stayed here before when hotel was under different ownership. We arrived at 3 pm- many people waiting in lobby for rooms- long line to restroom in lobby. No rooms were clean. Also a notice that pool was closed. We went to another hotel nearby!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I was sure my GPS was going haywire as it directed me to this hotel because it appeared to be in the middle of nowhere. However when I looked out the window of my 3rd floor room I noticed a highway nearby so I guess I was directed via a back way. Regardless, there isn't much around, certainly nothing within walking distance, so you'll need to have a car. There are dining options within a couple of miles and the included continental breakfast was nice and featured both hot and cold options. I had a very good dinner at Texas Roadhouse, about four miles away, and ate breakfast at the hotel. My room was plenty spacious and I found it clean, quiet, and comfortable. Be careful in the shower ... the floor is slippery despite the sprayed on texture and there is no rubber mat. The hotel was reasonably priced and definitely worth a try.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DCH47
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay and for the kind comments. We are sorry to hear that you had some issues getting to the hotel. Next time you are staying with us we would love to share with you some other local dinning options available near the hotel. Thank you again for the comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again, have a great week.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I chose this hotel based primarily on the proximity to the hospital. The industrial park location seemed weird at first, but our room on the 3rd floor was perfect with a great view of the highway. The room was exceptionally clean, but a little updating never hurt anyone. I will say however, that the carpet in the hall on the third floor should, at the very least, be shampooed right away.
Although the ice machine & guest laundry on the 3rd floor were out of order, it wasn't a deal breaker-simply inconvenient.
I will stay here again though. The breakfast buffet was ample and the indoor pool a bonus since it was raining.
The staff was exceptional. From the front desk to housekeeping. Not a frown or bad attitude in the bunch-which was a relief considering I was traveling for medical reasons.

Room Tip: Basketball & horse shoes available for outside play.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank debbies854
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you had a good stay overall. We hope that everything went well with your hospital visit. However, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and we will be doing our best to rectify what you pointed out in your comments. We appreciate you giving us another chance and we welcome the opportunity to have you as a guest again. See you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I thought the poor reviews I had read were just 'one-offs' but no. This place is gross. I have to agree with a previous reviewer. This should be a $49 a night hotel. Three times I went to the front desk and no one was around. The clerk was outside smoking, by the Front door!!! The carpets are disgusting. The smell... I wish I would have chosen another hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We hope this note finds well. It was disappointing to hear that you found our products and services below standard. We have discussed your comments with the staff. We apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.