“So Dirty I slept in my Clothes on a towel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn & Suites Allentown

Knights Inn & Suites Allentown
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Copenhagen, Denmark
“So Dirty I slept in my Clothes on a towel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Wow. I have stayed in a lot of hotels for work and pleasure over the years, and I think I may have found the worst.
I had a meeting in the area and booked at the last minute on my phone app--so I admittedly did not check out the reviews before booking. I will never do that again.
I won't make this a super-long review, since every review of this property seems to say the same thing but I have included pictures of two of the most disgusting items in the room--the filthy window seat stained with what looks like years of fluids, and a rodent turd on top of the blanket I was supposed to sleep under, but instead slept on top of. Oh--and just also want to mention the people roaming up and down the halls at all hours of the night, as well as setting off the fire alarm at 2AM and the Allentown Fire Department knocking on the door at 3AM and demanding to see in my bathroom.

I stayed here because I know Knights Inn is a Wyndham Hotel property, and I am really surprised that they would allow such standards. It will make me think MORE than twice about booking at another Wyndham property in the future. There are plenty of other options in this area, including an Extended Stay America, and for $20 more, it is WELL WORTH IT for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank David W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Westerly, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

From the outside it is nice looking and the lobby is not bad either,but when you get to the room WOW is all i can say about everything that we found wrong. Even complaining we were unable to get our money back so we could go elsewhere so we had no choice but to stay but hopefully this will stop others from going thru the same hell we did.To begin with the bedding on both beds were so ripped and stained (almost sure one of the stains was a huge urine stain) burn holes ,thread bare sheets that you could see thru,(this so far is mild).The mattress on one bed had a dip in it so bad that i placed a pillow beside me to help stop from rolling into it, that did not work so needless to say not alot of sleep and hurt my back.The other beds box spring had a huge rip in it 12 inches or longer. The curtains were water stained, the chair was so badly stained we didn't dare put anything on it, there was dried blood or something along that line on two of the walls.We left the room early and when we came back there was a do not disturb sign on our door and the key did not work, we went down to find out why and we were told we hung the sign ,we told them we didn't and got an attitude.Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to a room that never got cleaned but someone had been in the room because we found long black hairs on the sheets of one of the beds, and neither of us in the room have black hair, but the housekeeper we passed in the hall that morning did.The halls are loud way into the morning yelling and beating on doors, a dog barking half the night,there are alot of weekly people living there,young child in the evevator with cups of sugar packets they took from the lobby (wonder where the parents were).A strange noise in the room on and off during the night, also the house keepers do a real bad job cleaning, there was dirt along the walls where the vac. didn't get, i even found pot seeds and stems on the floor, so the cleaning staff suck......I just hope this keeps people away from this hotel................

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank gal_5_13
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Wow. I do not know where to start except to say this is NOT a two star hotel. For starters the television was at least 20 years old and the fixtures were extremely outdated. In the bathroom the tissue holder that was above the toilet didn't fit as they obviously had been replaced and did not fit the holder.

My main problem with the hotel is the dirt. The carpet had food that was there prior to our stay and it ever was swept up at all. The bathroom floor was sticky and dirty and the comforter and the sheets were dirty with marker stains on the sheets from a prior guest.

I know that there are four star hotels and also one star hotels. What is inexcusable, it the dirt! The common areas had litter in the stairwells that was never removed and they didn't pay any attention to any small details. There are several other hotels in the area. My thought to you is to pay the extra money and avoid this property all together.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mash62
Copiague, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

this place is not fit for a dog,bugs on the wall,dirt on the walls dirty sheetsholes the the walls and burns in the bed,when i said that im not staying and want my money returned they refused never stay here

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank janine s
New York State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Booked here while visiting a resort roughly 15 miles NW of Allentown. It was July 4th weekend on short notice so a place to stay was hard to come by. Found this Hotel through another site. Actually got a good price compared to what the rate was by calling the Hotel directly. Easy access off of 22/987. Nice proximity to numerous restaurants & shopping. Room needs work, especially the bathroom (exhaust fan sounded like a jet engine) but all in all can't complain too much given the price for a high demand weekend, as well as the brand. Complimentary breakfast in the morning wasn't great by any stretch, but you could fill your stomach without paying for it somewhere else. Didn't have high expectations going in, so we weren't disappointed with what we found. If you're expecting 5 stars, you won't find it here. But if you want a decent, cheap stay, basically needing a place to sleep & shower, I would recommend here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Parli32
Woodstock, NB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel was convienently located next to a strip mall and a few restaurants. The room had a faint smell of smoke despite the fact that it was a non smoking room and the light in the washroom was almost burnt out and therefore flickered all the time. The ice bucket was really grimmy. The advertised breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, mini bagels, eggos and bread. There were apples available but not fresh. We knew going into it that we were booking a basic level hotel but this was a bit below my expectation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank KJS74
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We got there and there was problems not only did they mess up our reservations but they said they were cancelled!! We had to make new ones and they charged me more so because someone messed up we had to pay more. The only reason we did stay was due to a nascar race was that weekend and there was nothing else avail. that would take pets. So we get in our room WOW there was mold in the tub water stains on the bathroom ceiling. The carpet was dirty, had rips and holes and big pink stains! The walls were very dirty and it looked like someone rudded there hands all over the walls. A/C did not work great you could see it needed to be clean. And the thing that bothered me the most was there where sliver fish in the room GROSS. And the breaskfast may have been free but there was nothing there and what they did have was AWLFUL! The only good thing was the bed it was comfy. I would never stay again the area its in is not greatest the highway RT22 is at your back door. BTW i did read the reviews before i booked the room and said well it can't be that bad well it is. And the people that work there are not any better!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else dirty rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family